Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah!!!!!!!! even though it's about about 9 years too late, and 1.2 trillion dollars later
http://costofwar.com/en/

Bin Laden Dead, Ghadafi Dead, now this, when will folks realise O'Bama is getting ten times more done than Bush ever did. Finally someone trying to get stuff done and people still complain. Just my opinion..

·
Registered
832 Posts
The doctrine of which the Turks conquered Constantinople to make it the capital of the Ottoman Empire is the same doctrine that the majority of the middle east employs today. They now use different tactics to achieve the same end desires. The funny thing is, our traditional western culture believes if you live and let live they will just leave us alone. The extremist mentality that we now face will not stop if we leave there. They will come again and the fact that we are considered less than dogs by these types of people, they consider our wealth theirs and that it is their duty to dominate and control us in the name of their god. With this type of extremist mentality and our passive mentality, they will continue to take and we will allow them to bully us around. It is a shame that this great nation has become so apologetic to the point where we feel we should allow people to trample our freedoms and attack our way of life unchecked.

Our constitution is for our country and our people. If people want to cherish this same constitution and way of life they should bring their country into our fold and abide by our laws and draw up their own state constitution to become a member of these great states or do it on their own and not attack our way of life. If not, then they shouldn't receive our rights when they violate our way of life. The way they treat us should be the way we treat them. That is fair and just, do unto others as you would want done unto you.

As for bin laden, his death didn't help because it was his shared idea that still goes on and will not stop until we become a completely isolated country, secure our boarders and not allow anyone else in. This will not happen so the only other way is to bring the fight to the enemies. Proactive is better than reactive. Just :rant: and :stirthepot:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Weird how the advance news of this leaked the same day as the revelation of the Iran/Zeta boondoggle. Obama and the military are probably not willing to have a weakened force next door to Iran when what's going to happen happens. Afghanistan is more defensible and the population is not quite so aligned with the Persians like the majority of Iraq.

Not a conspiracy theorist, but it just feels like something's about to happen.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=199991.msg4134743#msg4134743 date=1319236914]
I wonder who is next on the hit list?

1. Syria
2. Ahmadenijad
3. Kim Jong Il

[/quote]

4. stephen harper :lol:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=focusgold2001 link=topic=199991.msg4141914#msg4141914 date=1320359954]
4. stephen harper :lol:
[/quote]

Nah, we like him. The CIA is still trying to track down Chrétien, though.

To supplement my previous post:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Iran-war-nuclear-Britain/2011/11/03/id/416733

(sorry for the influx of right wing news sources, they're the only ones even paying attention to Iran)

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
I voted for Steven Harper. He's done a good job with our economy and that was good enough for me.

As for Isreal, well I can't say I'm surprised. When you're surrounded by countries that want to see you exterminated you do what you can to defend yourself and stand your ground. Iran has also stated repeatedly that Isreal is a "stain on the holy land". If it happens, the only one to blame is the Iranian government. Bunch of fuckin idiots.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=199991.msg4141920#msg4141920 date=1320361282]

As for Isreal, well I can't say I'm surprised. When you're surrounded by countries that want to see you exterminated you do what you can to defend yourself and stand your ground. Iran has also stated repeatedly that Isreal is a "stain on the holy land". If it happens, the only one to blame is the Iranian government. Bunch of fuckin idiots.
[/quote]

Are you sure you're not American? :lol:

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
haha, I'm pretty sure I'm still Canadian.

It was inevitable that something like this was going to surface eventually. IMO, there are certain countries of the middle east that have been and continue to be a "stain" on the progression of the human race. They are stuck in the first millennia CE and have no desire to evolve from the tribal people they once were. The people who run these countries run tyrannical regimes intent on nothing more than making money and ruling with an iron fist. The people are persecuted and forced to live in fear their entire lives.

Look at the two guys who played for that Iranian soccer team. It was in the news yesterday that one got a goal, and one of the teammates grabbed his ass as a joke and for fun. Both players have been banned from the sport or even setting foot in an arena in the country and now face even more strict charges and could do jail time. Since all homosexual activity is considered criminal.

I look at it like this, when you raise a child out of fear, the child does not respect your wishes when you ask it to do something but only because they fear your wrath. There is no respect or understanding between parent and child. This is how these countries rule their people, do what I tell you or face the penalty.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
I don't disagree. Unfortunately, I don't think Israel can actually inflict much damage on Iran short of nuclear weapons which leaves us with the "mopping up".

This is one of those turning points in history where both potential paths suck. The trick is figuring out which path sucks less (a decimated Iran, Lebanon and Israel or a nuclear armed Iran).

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
[quote author=Massacres link=topic=199991.msg4134735#msg4134735 date=1319236347]
Yeah!!!!!!!! even though it's about about 9 years too late, and 1.2 trillion dollars later
http://costofwar.com/en/

Bin Laden Dead, Ghadafi Dead, now this, when will folks realise O'Bama is getting ten times more done than Bush ever did. Finally someone trying to get stuff done and people still complain. Just my opinion..
[/quote]

Economy in the tank, unemployment virtually the highest it's ever been since, well, ever? Bailout programs, LULWUT?

Yep, sure doing a lot more than Bush did.....a lot more fucking it up.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Let's not open up that discussion.

The economy, unemployment, etc... is simply the fallout from the Bush administration. He knew it was coming, so did everyone else - 2 years before he was even elected.

Yes, Obama injected a massive amount of testosterone into Afghanistan to make things finally start happening and this is something the Bush admin should have done years ago. But you can't give him sole credit. It was the information that the Bush admin collected and left for them which lead the new administration on the final goose-hunt.

The point that i'm making is that it's impossible to compare the two. I have my opinions but I'll refrain from stating any in fear of really blowing this up :lol:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
They both suck. I have no real issue with O's foreign policy, but it's hard to argue that he knows much about economics. Of course, it appears that sound economic theory has no place in modern government anyways.

The events leading up to 2008 were the fault of both parties. The laws regulating investment banking and bond markets were signed by GHWB and Clinton, not W. The push to reign in Fannie and Freddie was blocked by Democrats in 2002 and 2003 (in the name of the poor, of course) while sound banking regulation in recent years has so far been blocked by the GOP. Again, pick your poison. The douchebag that will admit they're a douchebag (GOP) or the douchebag that steals from your back pockets while hugging you and telling you everything's going to be ok. They all work for the same masters (greed).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts