Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the upstream o2 sensor on my 06 3i has 5 wires. is this a wideband sensor? i know on my vw 1.8t the upstream was a bosh wideband and that had 5 wires, along with the aem wideband i have on my supercharged mustang also has 5 wires.

just curious, thanks.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
it is pzev or federal emissions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
federal i beleive. i think the cali ones have 3 o2 sensors, one upstream, one downstream, and a 3rd after the 2nd cat. i only have 2 sensors so im guessing federal?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
correct, with the 0-5v. i just never saw a 5 wire narrow band, only 1 wire, 3 wire, and 4 wire. all 5 wires that i have had experence with have been widebands, (on my vw, and the aem uego on my mustang)..... im waiting for a header to show up and figured id take a look to see how much room is back there and noticed the 5 wires. ill have to back probe it tomorrow to see what the voltage is, or scan it on monday and see what kind of readings im getting.

i know eairler 3's have a narrow band but i was thinking that maby they changed??????

anyways, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
positive on the 5 wires on it. only my upstream one though, downstream has 4 wires. ill take a pic later today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tried to post a pic, only to find out i have no idea how to do it. Any help would be appreaciated.

colors on my upstream wire:

grey
white
black
blue
yellow

im thinking maby mazda switched to a wideband after a certin year for emissions reasions or something??? Or its a new type of a narrowband i have never seen before?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awsome. thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts