Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright my baby came in today(A week late), she's beatiful... I think I might cry....now all I need's a name and I can get started on modding her out. :twisted: Pics should come tomorrow, sun had gone down and I have no good place with light to take em.

·
Registered
396 Posts
congratulations....do you mind telling us how much you paid?

·
Banned
868 Posts
Nice, CONGRATS! :D

"Emily" is taken ;)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Re: MTX Strato Blue Mica 5-door w/ Moonroof/ 6-CD changer

Nuvada said:
Alright my baby came in today(A week late), she's beatiful... I think I might cry....now all I need's a name and I can get started on modding her out. :twisted: Pics should come tomorrow, sun had gone down and I have no good place with light to take em.
Congrats! Please let us know how much you paid. And a fellow Kentuckian!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After all the delivery, tax, title, licenses and fees and junk it came to $18,708.95 USD @ 5% APR and alright I lied, no pics today, weather's crap. But if the weather holds friday or saturday I'll have nothing better to do than take pictures. Insurance company had no clue what my car was, tried to give me insurance on an RX8.....

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nuvada said:
After all the delivery, tax, title, licenses and fees and junk it came to $18,708.95 USD @ 5% APR and alright I lied, no pics today, weather's crap. But if the weather holds friday or saturday I'll have nothing better to do than take pictures. Insurance company had no clue what my car was, tried to give me insurance on an RX8.....
We're forecasted to get snow on Friday/Saturday. I don't think the weather wants to be nice to you. lol

For me, there wasn't too much of a difference between a 3 and and RX-8. Only like $500 more a year which I thought wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I've got two tickets and a wreck involving a total loss on the car...and I'm under 25....insurance would suck

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to this forum so bear with me. $18,708.95 seems amazing Nuvada. Can you give me a break down of what that money goes to. I just went to the dealership today and that same car was going for $18,305 without taxes. Are these prices negotiable because I was told by the dealer they are non-negotiable because of how new the car is? thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats! I don't get it though, you all have them down in Kentucky and my dealer on the West Virginia/Pennsylvania border doesn't have any? ARGH! :evil: Oh well, looking forward to the pictures

·
Registered
12 Posts
Earl, we got em on Wednesday here in Columbia, SC. But that's probably because Wray Mazda is one of the largest dealers in the SE. They've currently got 25-30 RX-8s on the lot. :shock: They only got in about 9 3s because they still have too many Proteges. At least that's what the manager said.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright price breakdown
$16,895.00 Sticker
+ 890.00 Moonroof & 6-CD Changer
+ 520.00 Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee
-------------
$18,305.00 List Price
- 934.00 S-Plan Discount
-------------
$17,371.00 S-Plan Price
+ 349.50 Transfer, License Fees, & Processing Charge
+ 988.47 6% Sales Tax
-------------
$18,708.97 Total Cost

All prices are negotiable, your dealer just saw you coming, knows you want one and is trying to get as much cash as possible from you. Especially the high volume dealers, as long as they come out of the deal making about $300 dollars over invoice they are happy. Just say that the price is too high, you'll see what another dealer will do for you and they'll likely jump and "see what the manager can do" the manager "won't be happy...but...." and you'll get a negotiated price.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yeah, if they have lots of Proteges, they usually won't have many 3's as they want to get rid of the old product.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The S plan is a ford company plan right? You got a great price! I can't muster a S/X Plan thing, just Mazda loyalty (and maybe graduate, but one dealership said it wasn't applicable). :roll:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Maybe I could try for the "Student Plan." You know... the plan where they give you a car for less because you don't have enough money to pay for it all...

Haha, wishful thinking.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
S-plan is what Mazda calls Ford's X-Plan, "Friends of Ford" discount, my dealer up here I told him I got X-plan and he went out and got me a pin number without even checking if I was elligible, I'd already gotten my own pin anyway, but still you might be able to fenagle a dealer into getting you s-plan anyway, tell them that's what it'llt ake to get you to buy.

Friends of Ford is basically if a company does alot of business with Ford then Ford might give them X-plan pricing on their vehicles, employees get A-plan which is 3% above invoice I think and x-plan in like 2% above that

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Do you have to work for a company that does business with Ford/Mazda to do it or could anyone with "knowledge" of the program get it without any proof (IE, you had a pin # ready in case)?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
mazdaconvert said:
Man dont I wish they had a student discount plan! And where are the 3's in Maryland???
Mazda does have a student/graduate rebate of $500. At least that helps a LITTLE :wink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts