Mazda3 Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Ebay LOL

I may eventually cover in carbon, no if that was the CM one, I wouldn't get it till likely August. No thankyou.

For a $100 ebay part?
I'm ASTOUNDED.
They even go as far as to print out a sheet of what all you need / should do to it to make it perfect.

There are no burrs, there are no joint marks, no creases, no folds, no uneven parts.
The thing is fiberglass, and it is perfect.
That... never happens.
Fitment is also perfect. Seriously, for a $100 part, I'm quite amazed.
I am going to just paint this one satin black, and if I do decide to carbon wrap one, I'll just buy a second one.

I'll send you pictures on facebook. It still looks a bit goofy from some angles, but to be honest, for the price? I can't do anything else but make my own. Which, if it comes to it and I do wrap one in carbon, I will likely take this one, mold it more to how I want it to fit to the car, and call it quits.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
hey now, that front lip is OEM!

But seriously, as far as appearance, that is what I had in mind since the beginning.
Meaning I didn't want to go overboard with fenders or wings etc. etc.

Just simple parts.

The early days though I wanted to keep it fully OEM, until I was pointed out, why keep it OEM if it has 125,000 miles on it... it's never going to be showroom quality, do what you want.

So I did what I want lol.

Pictures (some fair ones), to come this weekend when I visit a bunch of speed owners up at tail of the dragon.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Not used to an oil absorbing vehicle :(

Probably not much, but any is more than I'm used to!
Even after trackdays the 3 isn't using any visible amounts of oil.

Miata is burning about 1/4 of a quart every month.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Oh, sorry, I actually just deleted EVERYONE from my add list because I wasn't sure who anyone was hahaha, add me back!

It probably is to some extent. I mean, it is a 17 year old car.

Couple minutes research seems to show that.. they all do.
Fortunately mine isn't much, but can probably do a few things to help. I know some is being dripped, and that... I hate seeing.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts