Mazda3 Forums banner

NRG causes power steering light

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  himurax13 
#1 ·
Hey guys first time posting here. Recently purchased a 2013 mazdaspeed3 and started doing some slight mods to it. I'm installing a NRG short hub with a quick release and have ran into an issue of the power steering light staying on after install along with the loss of power steering itself. When installing I did have to remove the clock spring and did no wire splicing at all. I assume the clockspring has to do with the power steering turning on and off as it was working fine before.

Any suggestions on having my power steering working normal again with the new wheel? I read about using resistors but I'm not too sure where to add them.

#3 ·
Hey guys first time posting here. Recently purchased a 2013 mazdaspeed3 and started doing some slight mods to it. I'm installing a NRG short hub with a quick release and have ran into an issue of the power steering light staying on after install along with the loss of power steering itself. When installing I did have to remove the clock spring and did no wire splicing at all. I assume the clockspring has to do with the power steering turning on and off as it was working fine before.

Any suggestions on having my power steering working normal again with the new wheel? I read about using resistors but I'm not too sure where to add them.
The Corksport Leather Steering wheel is the only replacement that I have heard of that works. I have never seen or heard of anyone using a quick release of any kind.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.