Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 4 year break from hitting TX, the NOPI racing series and Car Show is coming back.

When: 03/10 & 03/11
Where: Texas Motorplex (Ennis, TX)

Car Show - $30
Bracket Racing - $30
Heads Up Street (Comp 4) - $30
Open Session - Saturday/Saturday Night - $30
Burn-Out Saturday - $30
Burn-Out Sunday - $30
Neon/Lighting - $30

This is one of the best shows out there folks!! It's my favorite. Much better than HIN and I like HIN. Get up close and talk to the Pro drivers. Meet the models and get pictures taken. Bikini contest! Jello wrestling! If you've seen the show on Speed then you know what goes down at this 2 day event. NOPI @ night is awesome as well. In addition, check out the vendor cars at the car show.

Also, the new 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 from Karagiannis Racing will be out there racing.

So lets get a list of those who are planning on going. This is truely one of the best shows in the country. There are a ton of things to do, see, and win at this show. You will be thorougly pleased. I have video to prove it. I was in a magazine and on NOPI TV in 2003. Lets show Mazda, one of the main sponsors of the show and the NDRA, how big the Mazda scene is in TX!!

1. the415
2. bruisertx
3. boardumb

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump...nobody interested?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
are you guys going to show your cars, or to race, or to just hang out?? I think it would be cool to enter a show but i know that i couldn't do well AT ALL, haha. Not enough $$$ into the ride, and tooooo many rock chips.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you are going just to win, then you're going for all the wrong reasons. this is the biggest reason why tx is slowly losing a lot of good shows. during 98-03, there were a ton of good national shows that came to tx and now there are only a handfull. people assume you have to have THE BEST ride to win.

if you dont go out there, then you will never see what it takes to win. hell, you might luck out and not have any real competition in your class and win a trophy. so dont be scared to show. i go because i love the experience. i love meeting people who are into their cars just as much as i am. i've been showing since 2000 and i've won maybe 5 trophies. if i was in it just to win then i would have stopped a long time ago.

it doesn't take a ton of money to win. as long as your car is clean and your mods flow well with the car, you can be a contender. there is a reason why shows have mild and wild classes.

you guys always want to have meets but there is never really any interest when it comes time to show the public how much we appreciate our cars. im proud to be a mazda owner and im proud of my 3. i want more people to see just how badass our cars our. i plan on showing and racing. will i win? probably not. do i care? eh not really. did i have a good time doing it? you bet your manhood i did!!!

so come on everyone, lets get together and get as many 3's and mazdas in general out to this show. i promise you you'll have a good time. for people coming in out of town, i have a lot of floor space. you can crash with me. don't use school as an excuse. this is on the weekend.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well that sounds cool. I won't do the racing, but if theres other 'average' mazdas there to show, i would too. I, however, CAN use school as an excuse.... i never know when i'm gonna have saturday rehearsals or whatever. If i can make it, i think i will, but i can't commit yet.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump

allison?
david?
thomas?
ant?
brad?
juan?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump...really dissapointed nobody seems to be interested in this. mazda owners suck!

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you need to lower your car and get wheels before the show!!

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=66412.msg1152424#msg1152424 date=1168970360]
you need to lower your car and get wheels before the show!!
[/quote]

im actually working on that. i found some nice 18" with tire package for 799

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I dont suck!!!! its just the first time I've seen this thread. And my only problem is going to be I will have just moved into the new house by then and I will be extremely tight on cash so I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well, as far as i know i am free that weekend, however theres still the issue of cost. We'll see what it looks like once it gets closer.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bump....has anyone registered yet? i have!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts