Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
One other thing. I'm not sure who said it, but there better be a return line for the fuel. If there isn't you are going to end up having one big mess. What you may be looking at is a diesel motor and those work entirely different then a EFI system. Those are built to have feul again regulated to all injectors through a more complex regulating system.

· Registered
45 Posts
I would increase it if you have the time and money. If you are not getting any errors with the AEM leave it alone. Each intake provides different results. Could be a fact of how many bends to the type of filter being used. I have not heard of this situation on the AEM intake so more then likely you would be fine.

· Registered
218 Posts
M3-GT said:
So are we ok with AEM or we need to increase the fuel also?
(i'm sure you would have anyways) let us know once your SRI shows up... i'd love to hear what you think of the finished product, how it feels, sounds, etc.

· Registered
2,160 Posts
I don't think your going to come anywhere close to maxing out the fuel delivery abilities of the fuel system with just an intake, I'm like 99.99999999999% sure of that as Mazda would have had to specced it so the fuel pump and injectros run at or close to 100% of their rated duty cycle stock.

The issuse is, as far a I can tlell, making sure your MAFS (Mass Air Flow Sensor) is accurately reading the amount of air the intake is funneling to the engine. The problem with the Injen is that the MAFS thinks there is less airflow than there actually is and the ECU, given bad information, fails to send enough fuel for the actual air charge. The result is a lean burn that the 02 sensors detect which sets off a CEL .

If one were to hav a MAFS that is calibrated and/or designed for the Injen intake, and fed the ECU accurate data there would be no CEL issue at all.

· Registered
100 Posts
I don't know if it works for Mazdas, but when i had a 99 Cavalier Z24, the CEL would come on with a CAI or SRI. I learned that if you disconnect the battery for a few hours and reconnect it, the computer will reset itself to the new ratio the intake is producing. It worked for the Cavalier and other GM's.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.