Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
If you want to fix this just put a rising rate regulator on your fuel rail. Either that or an adjustable one. This will allow you to let more fuel then the stock regulator will allow. Of course this will also increase your injectors duty cycle, but most manufacturers do around 50-60% duty cycle. Rule of thumb is not to let them go about 80%.

This should fix the problem and I believe APEXi selles there for like 215.

· Registered
45 Posts
First of all everyone will tell you when you shove more air into the cylinders you need more fuel. Go to any performance shop or mechanic and they will tell you a way to get more feul into the rail is changing the regulator for a higher capacity one.

Second duty cycle is controlled by the amount of fuel your car will be allowed to send. Right now because there is more air then fuel it's leaning out. Because it's running lean the o2 sensors are sending an error signal to the ECU. There are several ways to increase fuel rate:

1. Fuel pump
2. Regulator
3. ECU
4. Injectors

When your ECU is being told there is more air then fuel it will try to increase. Geuss what's choking it off? The regulator.

Hasn't anyone seen the Horsepower show where the add and intake to a Honda Civic. Gee what else did they add an f-ing rising regulator. Same thing for there mustang and GM projects.

· Registered
45 Posts
One other thing. I'm not sure who said it, but there better be a return line for the fuel. If there isn't you are going to end up having one big mess. What you may be looking at is a diesel motor and those work entirely different then a EFI system. Those are built to have feul again regulated to all injectors through a more complex regulating system.

· Registered
45 Posts
I would increase it if you have the time and money. If you are not getting any errors with the AEM leave it alone. Each intake provides different results. Could be a fact of how many bends to the type of filter being used. I have not heard of this situation on the AEM intake so more then likely you would be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.