Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just purchased a new to me 2007 Mazdaspeed 3. My car is equipped with the Bose stereo and no Nav or Sirrius, Automatic climate control. I tried using a Dice Ipod integration kit and ended up sending it back, to many problems.

I am thinking about adding an aftermarket head unit to start with. I would prefer to add amps, subs and speakers but that will have to come later as funds are scarces. Can anyone answer the following questions?

1. If you purchase a stereo from Crutchfield and get a wiring harness and dash kit, does this work with the Bose stereo? Is it plug and play after the connector is wired in?

2. Can you still see the climate conntol info on the dash LCD with an aftermarket unit? Seems as if you get kit from Crutchfield, anyone used this dash adapter kit?

3. Can these units easily be wired into steering wheel controls?

I am looking at options from Alpine, Kenwood and Pioneer. Any info is greatly appreciated!

TC

·
Registered
424 Posts
1) Yes

2) You will not loose the climate display on the right. You WILL loose the middle which is the stereo info but you won't need that anyway since you'll have a new head unit. You will loose the clock on the left unless you leave that top part plugged in when you replace the head unit.

3) You have to get the PAC unit. If you do a search, someone did a write up on installing it. You have to jump one wire and cut another wire which connects to the PAC and that's it.

I currently have a Pioneer using the steering wheel controls and the Bose system with no problem. When you call crutchfield make sure you tell them about the Bose. Supposedly there's 2 different harnesses but they sent me the right one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts