Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread last month or so about what are good headlight bulbs. My MTEC bulbs blew out so I wanted to experiment and see what else was out there. I just ordered a pair of H7 Nokya Magnum Cosmic White bulbs. Havent got them yet but was wondering if anyone else has them or maybe used to. And just for the record I would not purchase MTEC bulbs from the ebay seller automotivelightingusa. The MTEC bulbs I got from this guy were dimmer than my stock bulbs and were not even close to white, and of coarse NO REFUND. Just a heads up

·
Registered
252 Posts
Good halogen bulbs help!!!

so I'm looking into getting new bulbs, but I don't really have the cash for HID's right now. So probably the best bet for me is to upgrade my bulbs into something better then stock. Maybe a close to HID look. I've seen some car's with good lights that are non-hid's so I know they are out there. If you can point me in the right direction that'd would be great and I would be very great full. thank you in advance.

Godwin

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
Re: Good halogen bulbs help!!!

I've heard good things about Mtec bulbs, but I've never personally used them.

HID ftw :)

·
Registered
252 Posts

thanks...I will eventually go hid. but since the budget is tight right now. But I can't really afford it at this moment. any other help would be great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so for whats its worth, these bulbs are junk in my opinion. The ones I received are barley white and are very dim. Best light so far is MTEC

·
Registered
528 Posts

Keep in mind though, that if you're going from halogen to halogen, there won't be much of a change in performance. HID look = decreased output.
I have, and many others on here have been there.
Just save up for the HIDs.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

If you NEED a halogen upgrade, I would go with PIAA's or Silverstar Ultra's. Both are whiter and brighter, but only modestly. Not to mention a good set of PIAA's will cost $70 and last less than a year. Nobody is saying you can't throw in a set and see what YOU think. It really is true that HID can't be beat, so I would also go with saving for a modest kit ($250 should do it). Buying cheap bulbs will only frustrate you and your wallet.

·
Registered
28 Posts

i would go with the mtec cosmo blue if you want the blue look. I have had the silverstars and they are a bit brighter but yellow with a hint of white. If you want the look of HID (the look (color) not output) go with the mtec cosmo blues. That being said the mtecs are a little bit dimmer than the silverstars but not noticeable for me thats in a city where there are street lights every where. Also i have heard that they last along time (for halogens its about a year, year + is good) because they seem to be built quite well. Iam pretty happy for them because i dont need more light, i just wanted the look. Search the forums and you can find pictures of them, they look pretty good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The MTEC bulbs have the whitest color so far, that is from what I have found. The H11 bulbs for the foglights (axela aftermarket anyway) is very white, but not the brightest. You might can adjust the levels on it and raise it up. headlights though are bright. Even though it may say H.I.D. equal, none of them are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts