Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has an 03 Accord and saw a guy on his Honda forums that put the Hyper Yellows in his brights. I was just curious if this is legal to drive with and if you would recommend doing it. Thanks.

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
There are a few members that have this setup... and I will soon have it myself. No more wrng than silverstars.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
i have them

they look sick and cut through bad weather quite well. none of that "hyperspace" illumination of rain and snow.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
I have them too...there are some vehicles that come with yellow highs stock (older acuras/toyotas/etc) so its legal...check your local laws just to make sure you will be ok though

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have them too. Don't kid yourself with performance with them though, these are purely for aesthetics.

You're never going to use your highs when it's foggy out... which is when yellow lighting is advantageous. When you use your highs is on a clear night, and are seeking the most light possible. In that case you want the purest white possible.

So in short... don't buy these if you're under the impression it'll improve your highbeams, the bulbs that come stock provide more useable light.

Aesthetically though they look fantastic. Even when off I love how they reflect.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
[quote author=Split98 link=topic=138775.msg2991799#msg2991799 date=1236926573]
I have them too. Don't kid yourself with performance with them though, these are purely for aesthetics.

You're never going to use your highs when it's foggy out... which is when yellow lighting is advantageous. When you use your highs is on a clear night, and are seeking the most light possible. In that case you want the purest white possible.

So in short... don't buy these if you're under the impression it'll improve your highbeams, the bulbs that come stock provide more useable light.

Aesthetically though they look fantastic. Even when off I love how they reflect.
[/quote]

try them in a downpour with fog. i assure you, they're better than any "pure white" bulb. google yellow wavelengths. they also clearly illuminate roadsigns.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have hid's, and no matter what color bulb (regular, yellow, blue) I put in my highbeams, I can't even tell they are on. The hid's light up the road so well I don't even use them. So they are purely for looks.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
[quote author=WNCMazda3 link=topic=138775.msg2992147#msg2992147 date=1236953849]
So they are purely for looks.
[/quote]

Right..so you can see better...thats what all lights are for....looks :lol: i kid

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have Luminics highs, which are basicly the same thing as the Nokya Hyper's, and they are the best highs I've ever had. Oh, and Brad, are you going to be able to make it to the cruise tomorrow?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm actually looking into them more for the look also, I have only used my high beams maybe once to twice since I bought the car a year ago. I had HID in the lows and they light up nicely. Anyone have pics of their mazdas with them in? I like the yellow reflection in the headlight and just wanted to see how it looks on what I have rather than an Accord.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Absolutely. Looks freakin sweet as hell :irock: I'll try to get a shot of it before I head down to Indy for the Mazda cruise.

Here's a pic of the reflection (NOT my car)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's pretty much what I was looking for. That looks sick. Going to be ordering these for sure as well as a shark fin antenna. Just won $142 playing Keno today. :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=138775.msg2991921#msg2991921 date=1236944938]
[quote author=Split98 link=topic=138775.msg2991799#msg2991799 date=1236926573]

[/quote]

try them in a downpour with fog. i assure you, they're better than any "pure white" bulb. google yellow wavelengths. they also clearly illuminate roadsigns.
[/quote]
You would not (should not) be using high beams in downpour fog. I'm well aware that the yellow wavelengths are far better than white in foggy conditions... my point was that no one will use highs in any type of foggy conditions. During any sort of fog, the highbeams reflect to a point that you are lessening your visibility with them on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts