Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, upon first going out....the front brakes seem to make a slight dragging noise for the first few applications. It then goes away. The brakes also dont seem to grab as well and are a little bit 'spongy'. I inspected the brakes and they seem to have lots of life on the pads. The rotors are not warped, no vibrations, however I do notice black marks in the rotors, kind of like smear marks as though there was some grease between the pads and the rotor. I've never seen this before on any of our other cars so wondering if anyone has also experienced this on their speed brakes. thanks.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the front, and they are stock.

thanks.

[quote author=mazdabrakes link=topic=138433.msg3021083#msg3021083 date=1238165704]
Which pads?

-G
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, I would categorize their use as normal to light. half highway and half city.

·
Registered
757 Posts
[quote author=dutchie3 link=topic=138433.msg3058891#msg3058891 date=1239737451]
nope, I would categorize their use as normal to light. half highway and half city.
[/quote]

Hard to tell. Take a picture if you can still see it, check that you have good rotor thickness and pad left. You can try to do the bed in procedure and see if that gets any pad deposits off and cleans the rotor.

-G

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, I was going to try that but thought to ask if anyone else had a similar 'issue' first.
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts