Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the forum before about noises and i decided to post mine. I am having a similar problem that many others have had with my 3. Whenever i go on the freeeway and get off the freeway, i hear this tapping noise while at idle. Its a very ryhmic tapping noise and you can barely hear it outside the car but it sounds like its coming from the firewall. I had the dealer look at it several times and they probably think i'm crazy now. They checked the AC compressor, replaced my intake manifold and still i hear the noise just about everytime i get off the freeway. It can start off quiet and then get louder. Please someone help me. The dealer said they were going to try and get the district service manager down here but its been almost 4 months and he still hasnt come down.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
I actually had a very similar weird click/tap from the area under the radio, it would only happen when cruising with my foot off the gas on the freeway. Even giving it a little gas made the noise go away. It went away after i installed my TWM STS, so i think it had something to do with the shifter linkage lightly tapping against something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone else had any issues with there 3 noticing that noise while idle? is this normal? i have talked to a dealer and they keep saying its normal, but why would this car make so much noise? Has anyone ever checked to see if the fuel line maybe shakes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts