Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok granted im sure its because of the weather, but I wanted to post anyway to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. I know the suspension on this car is stiff already, but when I hit a few bumps I hear a cracking noise. Almost sounds like plastic hitting plastic but it is coming from the suspension/undercarriage area. Anybody else experienced this?

1300 miles
0 Degrees at the time of the noise today.
First time I have heard the noise since owning the car. (2 weeks ownership)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have had that experience once so far on an extremely cold day. It should go away quickly as the car gets warmed up. We are about to have a couple of days with high temperatures in the teens so I expect to get that noise again.

By the way you have put 1300 miles on your car in 2 weeks? You must really enjoy driving it. :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Normal for stiff suspensions in cold temps, goes away after a few miles. I've had this on all the cars I've stiffened suspensions on. The noise is generally caused by the sway bushings, especially if they are urethane. Must admit I was surprised to hear it as I don't think the MS3 has urethane bushings, but haven't looked either as it's way to cold.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of your responses, I had a feeling it was nothing big. Just wanted to make sure and get some feedback. :)

[quote author=tuners link=topic=68589.msg1185901#msg1185901 date=1170600184]
By the way you have put 1300 miles on your car in 2 weeks? You must really enjoy driving it. :D

[/quote]

I love to drive... :csweeney:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've had mine checked yesterday and they lubricated the suspension bushings.

So far no noise but the temps have been rising (~ -10C), so I'm waiting for a very cold morning (< -20C) to officially assess that it's gone

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know. I'm not to worried about it though, this is the only winter my car is going to see. I've decided to store it from here on out for the winters. Car is just not meant to be driven in the winter. :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Front and Read Stabilizer bushings is the problem. Next time you go in for a service have them check it out. they just replaced mine with a few other items.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I will have them looked at next!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I hear this noise aswell. Eversince mhy car was brand new with 0.8 miles I was already hearing this crap. I asked my mechanic friend and he told me that it's my shock bushing. Mine makes this sound in any temp. It dont matter if it's hot or cold. I still hear it. My lowering springs is going to be here in two weeks. I need to bring my car to the delership before then.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i think your issue is something bigger, mine has stopped making the noise now that its over 50 every day here. I would have them lube the crap out of your front end. good luck!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I heard it only a few times when it was cold it went away. Now that its warmer I don't hear that anymore. When I get my oil changed next month I'll have them check it as well as the the infamous engine bolt. Now that its warmer where you live as well please don't post "anyone here a fan after I turn the car off" ..thats normal as well..hahaha.

·
Registered
549 Posts
There is a Service Bulletin for 2004-2006 - 3, that, going over bumps in low speeds causes creeking in the front suspensions. The cause is the lower arm of the suspension making contact with the front bushing, causing the squeaking noise. and/or also the fluid in the rear bushing makes an unusual noise.

Dont' know if it's related to the problem you guys are having with the MS3

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It could be, but for me this is only happening in cold weather situations. So i'm not sure. good information to go into the dealer with though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I get a noise every morning driving when I am driving slowly and then gas it. I have taken my car in two times for it and now they said they have ordered a new front drivers caliper but because mazda does not have a part number for it yet I have to put up with it. I noticed this noise from day one but because the weather here in Toronto was cold most of the time when I got the car I always had the windows closed. I also get the noise going in reverse.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Spyder

·
Registered
642 Posts
I found out that mine wasn't suspension parts. It's actually the rear left brake housing rubbing against each other. I just had to re adjust it and everything is all good. No more noise here...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tsb? link please too lazy to search.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
[quote author=Nathan G link=topic=68589.msg1325048#msg1325048 date=1176235207]
bump for tsb. I gotta take my 3 back in and have it fixed. It's driving me nuts.
[/quote]

I dont think he owns a MS3

[quote author=aerxx link=topic=68589.msg1326269#msg1326269 date=1176259669]
tsb? link please too lazy to search.
[/quote]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts