Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been told its the throttle position sensor. Does this sound correct? It threw a CEL, cut out and then when I started it again and stepped on the gas the car did not respond at all. Its at the dealer now but is this something that I can fix myself? I need ideas quick before the dealer milks me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dealer says the BCC may have caused a voltage spike to throttle position sensor. All they had to do was reset it and/or disconnect battery. I will find out details when i pick up my car. Any one had any problems similar to mine with Buddy CC? I followed installation I got from the forum. 1 ground to throttle body, fuel rail and passenger side strut brace.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the surprising part. I explained as best I could what the BCC does so they are going to fix it under warranty and my warranty expired 6,000 miles ago. I was shocked cause I thought they would charge me an arm and leg to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.