Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new 2010 Mazda 3 GT with Luxury package, blah blah blah, but I can't find the mute button, frankly I don't think there is one, anyone with suggestions.
On the steering wheel I have the usual controls - Bluetooth, stero controls etc, but the only way to mute is to turn the stero off. Help.
cheers
stephen

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
It's not a button like in the previous model? (that big center one)

Or when you say "turn the stereo off", do you mean you have turn it all the down, or you push the button (if there is one lol). I don't know what the features are for the 2010. Maybe someone with a 2010 will come in and help. Have you checked the manual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most deffinately, i've checked the manual over and over. The only time I can mute something is when i'm on blutooth, but the same button doesn't work for the stero. Yes, i have to actually turn it off if I want immediate mute, or turn the volume down. It's funny how much you miss something when you don't have it, but it's not one of those things you check when you are test driving. It may be a small thing, but I can't understand why Mazda would take it away. It's really missed.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote author=thebrit link=topic=139666.msg3011096#msg3011096 date=1237803980]
Most deffinately, i've checked the manual over and over. The only time I can mute something is when i'm on blutooth, but the same button doesn't work for the stero. Yes, i have to actually turn it off if I want immediate mute, or turn the volume down. It's funny how much you miss something when you don't have it, but it's not one of those things you check when you are test driving. It may be a small thing, but I can't understand why Mazda would take it away. It's really missed.
[/quote]

I hadn't noticed they had taken it away. Although if they'd kept it the "too many buttons on the steering wheel" people would probably be even more annoyed!

I use mine all the time, although about 60-70% of it is when I get a call so the Bluetooth interrupt feature would probably suffice for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definately, one extra button probably would have taken it over the top, but they could have programed one of the bluetooth buttons to be a mute when the phone isnt' turned on. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts