Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my wifes cx9 in for an oil change and tire rotation. Part of the service includes a quick pass on their alignment machine. As a result the front wheels are out of alignment, funny thing... The Mazda dealer provides a report, but instead of a measurement in degrees it states 55ft/mi. If my understanding is correct, for every 1 mile, the car could stray 55 feet, that doesn't sound all that bad. Has anyone come across this measurement and/or does it sound like I really need an alignment?
Thanks-

·
Registered
682 Posts
Post the actual readings. That will tell us more. The 55 feet / mile is not something I'm familiar with.

If you are not noticing a drift and the tires are wearing evenly, you may not need an alignment. The actual reading will help determine if there is a problem or not.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
this could be a figure toe out or "scrub" (particularly if the car doesn't drift), in which case the tires may be wearing quickly....scrub refers to how much the tires are scrubbed sideways for every mile driven. only 1/8" of toe-out can scrub the tires 28ft sideways for every mile. if the 55ft/mi figure provided is for toe out, you'll want to fix that.
look for even wear and/or contact the dealer for an explanation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts