Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

(2004 mazda 3) I've experienced the rattling coming from somewhere in the dash when the a/c used to work. I've noticed the poor air flow between settings 1-4. A while back, the a/c would not come out of the vents, but I used to be able to mess with the selector switches until air would finally blow through the vents. Few days ago, it seemed to have completely quit.

I can hear the a/c compressor when I try to turn on the a/c so that has me thinking that the issue is elsewhere. I looked in the fsm and followed their diagnostic procedures for "insufficient air (or no air) blown from vents." I can't see any clogs in the vents whatsoever. The only thing left as far as I see is if the duct in the dashboard is incorrectly installed...but I would think that it never would have worked then?

Does anyone know if this sounds like a fan switch problem or relay problem? Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
sorry i can't help but welcome to the forums and I'll bump your thread for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Finally managed to get the fan switch out. Checked a dozen times, and it isn't continuous at the recommended check points, so that could be the problem. I hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts