Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to talk about the possible option of putting nitrous on the 3. How much of a shot does everyone think this car can handle? I am seriously considering putting it in down the road after the engine is nice and broken in. Anybody else possibly considering this?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
personally im not into nitrous...but im definately looking forward to a supercharger for htis car. =)

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Vaboom will certainly be able to answer that one. Personnaly, I'll go with the intake, headers and cat - back line. Nitrous is a bit too much for me.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ya... "naws" to me is a half-baked measure to get more HP. In a year, I might have three to four situations where having an extra 50 to 75HP might have been fun, but I/H/E/C gives me drivability that I can use everyday, and without shortened engine life if the parts used are of proper design. I'd take 20 "everyday" HP over 75 "10 seconds of glory" HP.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
M3-GT said:
Vaboom will certainly be able to answer that one.
Hehe know me too well.. I happen to have a certificate of Intermediate Nitrous Installation and Service I got from a nitrous course in Arizona by NX (Nitrous Express).

Mmm, as for nitrous (oh btw, nitrous is my best friend) I see one problem quickly. The fuel line coming from the tank is a returnless, meaning it goes straight into the fuel rail with what seems like no additional fuel in the rail for other use. Ive always thought those kinds of systems mean the fuel coming up is matched for what the engine puts out.

Quick solution: inline fuel pump on that fuel line, and tap the fuel solenoid right outside of the exit side. Then the install will go as usually from there on.

The generally rule of thumb is:

4cyl = 75hp
6cyl = 100hp
8cyl = 125-150hp

Those are for stock engines except a set of Nitrous sparkplugs (at least 2 steps colder, NEVER use platinum plugs with nitrous).

Depending on who makes a turbo kit first, I may go nitrous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts