Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local carwash today and the guy taking my money ended our exchange with "...by the way nice van." VAN... My CAR looks nothing like any VAN availalbe in this country. :x :x :x

·
Registered
137 Posts
well, if you didn't know the scale of the car, like in your avatar, it does kinda look like a mini-van... but in person, no way.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I drive a titanium mazda 3 hatchback and no one has ever thought it looked like a van. But has anyone noticed how similar the new mazda mpv looks to mazda 3 hatchback?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I went to a local carwash today and the guy taking my money ended our exchange with "...by the way nice van." VAN... My CAR looks nothing like any VAN availalbe in this country
sounds like the carwash guy was either 1. being sarcastic and really meant it as an insult or 2. maybe English is his second language?

Hard to believe that he would actually think of it as a van.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Zoomin 3 said:
I went to a local carwash today and the guy taking my money ended our exchange with "...by the way nice van." VAN... My CAR looks nothing like any VAN availalbe in this country. :x :x :x
Give the guy a break, he washes cars for a living. Atleast he knows a nice car when he sees one, even if he calls it a van .

·
Registered
310 Posts
You realize you brought it about yourself, right? The 5-door is strikingly similar to a van, except its back doors don't slide and it is just in a smaller package. What else is different? Always go sedan, no matter what!

·
Registered
330 Posts
98LX said:
You realize you brought it about yourself, right? The 5-door is strikingly similar to a van, except its back doors don't slide and it is just in a smaller package. What else is different? Always go sedan, no matter what!
(Baa) Yes, always go sedan, no matter what (baa, baa) ................... :oops: Sorry!!! thought I was in the Toyota/Honda appliance forum for a second :lol:

·
Registered
234 Posts
the guy could be come from Japan, cause there are lots of civic/collora/protege base mini-minivan selling and look nice too. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
98LX said:
Arent you tired of hatch bashing yet?? Got anything useful to say?????

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Atomic Rooster said:
Zoomin 3 said:
Give the guy a break, he washes cars for a living. Atleast he knows a nice car when he sees one, even if he calls it a van .
Exactly...and that whole " my sedan is better than your hatch" is really childish. This goes into my list of stupid threads.

·
Registered
773 Posts
98LX said:
I think you should go get your eyes checked buddy! :twisted:

The Hatch owns the sedan!

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
The 5 dr isn't really a hatchback, despite what mazda calls it - it's a wagon (and many info sources even classify it that way). So yeah, I guess I can see someone calling it a van... but as someone said above - in person, no way. The scale is just too off.

·
Registered
310 Posts
spicoli said:
Arent you tired of hatch bashing yet?? Got anything useful to say?????
Finally! Some one said something. So yes, I am done.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Geeze, what is your problem? Having some guy whose achievement in life is working at a car-wash agree with your styling assessement of the 5-door Mazda3 isn't exactly what I'd call a convincing argument. If you have a personal problem with the hatchback, that's fine, but pretending that you own subjective preferences are superior to those of others is nonsensical.

A '98 Automatic Protege in Sandlewood? Could you have picked a better car for being obscure and blending into traffic? When was the last time a stranger at a gas station complimented you on your car? Slap a barcode on that thing and it would fit right in a rental fleet. See how easy it is to attack others' preferences?

·
Registered
310 Posts
LeeLee said:
A '98 Automatic Protege in Sandlewood? Could you have picked a better car for being obscure and blending into traffic? When was the last time a stranger at a gas station complimented you on your car? Slap a barcode on that thing and it would fit right in a rental fleet. See how easy it is to attack others' preferences?
Well, as true as that may be, it's kind of hard to resist when someone says "here's a car for $0." And if I was offered it vs. a 5-door, I'd stick with my sedan.

Also, why is everyone afraid of blending in with traffic? Why is this a bad thing? The only two factor I consider in buying a car and style and performance, and certainly no one can honestly say that the 5-door has more style than the sedan.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
It's all personal preference regarding styling. You guys can beat this one to death and still not convince each other. Perhaps we something else to discuss than personal preferences for this topic???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts