Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a hardcore VW guy and I'm considering a 3 sedan. I like the fact is available without power windows, locks, ABS and all that crap. It also looks great and is sized right. I'm wondering if there is inexpensive diagnostic software available for Mazdas? We have VagCom for VWs and it's a necessary tool for working on modern cars. Also can you steer to some Mazda Tuning sites, after market parts suppliers and that sort of thing. I've helped build a 323 rallycross car and several RX7 roadrace cars, but I'm still pretty new when it comes to Mazda knowledge. I'm looking forward to the Chicago Auto Show and checking the car out in person. Thanks!

·
Registered
947 Posts
So you'll be getting the 3i with the 2.0L engine? Wouldn't that sort of limit upgrade potentials? The 2.3L is only available in the better equipped S trim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but I'm more interested in the basic, simple car than a little more power. I am also more into brakes and suspension tuning for autocross and lapping days than I'm into big jumps in power. I can't wait to check it out.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Cars

Yeah,

My girlfriend has a 1995 Jetta, and she loves my Mazda 3. She hates most of the other cars on the road. Must be some kind of new love.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts