Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have utilized the search function here to find the answer to my question. I am a member of several forums and now how irritating it can be to answer the same questions over and over...LOL

Anyway, I recently bought a 2005 Mazda3 hatchback for my basset hounds..LOL I am a volunteer for Suncoast Basset Rescue (FL) and love to do transports and foster dogs.

The reason I bought the 3 is the zippy engine and fold down rear seats with alot of room for the hounds.

My question is has anyone found a mat or tray that will cover the backs of the rear seats when they are folded flat??? I already have the cargo tray which I love but also need to cover the backs of the seats...the hound hair and drool is really hard to get out of auto interiors..LOL

Anyway, if you have the time to answer or point me in the right direction...I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks so much!
Robin and the hounds (RooRoo & Luke)
Sebastian, Florida

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I do a lot of home remodeling. Shortly after buying my 3, I went to a fabric store and purchased a sheet of black vinyl. I cut it to fit and it works perfectly. It's sturdy enough to not move around when I'm pushing and sliding materials in and out.

When the seats go back up, it's easy to fold up and place in the under floor storage. This has been a perfect solution for me.

BTW, thanks for your volunteer work with foster dogs. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
i have 2 bassetts myself... i always just grab an old blanket to throw over the seats.... they're hair is really really hard to get out of the fabric on the 3's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the info..I thought there might be a product out there by now..LOL

Anyway, I will stick to the old beach towel I am now using and may try the vinyl!!!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
31,083 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the suggestion, John. Do you think I could use that with the back seat folded down...and then put the hammock on the back of the seats thru the cargo area?? It might be worth a shot, anyway?

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
yeah, i think it could still hook around the head rests and lay flat, but not sure of the dimensions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts