Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im a newbie here and am drawn in because i like fast econo cars and since my '97 pontiac GTP i vowed that i would never drive another NA vehicle. i currently have a heavily modded '02 turbo GTI that put down 205 hp and 247 ft tq on the dyno. i absolutely love the car but im gonna have to smog it this coming december and am going to be buying another ride before then. im not sure if this is the right forum but i have a few questions that i hope you can answer.

1) does the mazdaspeed3 come in a 2 door hatch or 2 door coupe?
2) is the motor japan made or american ford produced?
3) is the car made in japan or american ford produced?
4) i searched and saw the turbo is a KO4, is it true?
5) are they tough for dealers to get in and will i probablly have to pay the sticker price for one?

tia, i bought my gti for $500 over invoice but it took me 4 hours to haggle with the dealership. im just hoping its not a ford with mazda emblems on it because i wont buy domestic, its gotta be an import for me. thanks again, i hope to come over

·
Registered
397 Posts
1) The mazdaspeed3 only comes in 4 doors. Two different models either Sport OR GT. GT has more toys(HID's, Leather, LED taillights..etc) but its the same car as the Sport.
2) All parts are made and assemebled in Hiroshima, Japan.
3) Japan
4) Yes its a KO4
5) Yes at this moment you may have to pay sticker I paid 500 less then MSRP 3 weeks ago.

Yes you have to haggle if you go in. However you can use the internet for no haggle pricing.

Good Sites to look at:

www.mazda3.com
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0610sccp_2007_mazdaspeed_3/index.html

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=IlikeGUNS link=topic=69339.msg1203009#msg1203009 date=1171317921]
- - i hope to come over
[/quote]

Gee, and I hope you come over, too. In the mean while - go to www.mazdausa.com and find out what the MS3 comes with and search the board for answers to the other questions. You can also search the Web for fun facts. Half the fun of getting a new car is doing the research and learning about it. You really can't do that in a single post on a board.

Answer One: The MS3 comes only in the body that Mazda and God meant it to have. :lol:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks warpspeed. i just got off the phone with the internet/fleet salesman for my local dealership and he said they mark it up $3000 over msrp and that he can cut out the #3000 markup and another $200 off the msrp. he said msrp was $22800 but on yahoo it says $22240 - im gonna try a few more fleet guys and see what they say. wednsday after work im going in for a drive.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I know some of us in this community have probably payed more then MSRP. But I don't suggest you do it because you should be able to get the car for either MSRP or less.

The MSRP on my car was 22835 I payed 22335. The price on Yahoo is not correct.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I paid right @ MSRP. Dealers will be more apt to deal in sport models than they will with the GT.

·
Registered
797 Posts
my dealer was selling msrp, no add ons like alarm and what not. but mine was in for 2 days before i took it home, even the front plate wasnt mounted. but they have ne mark up at all. no add ins like tint and alarm if you ask them on one coming in. But they have sold 20 ms3 so they have no problem not haggling. But they are friendly and offer washes ever friday.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Every Friday? I can get free washes every day at my dealer... (And I had better for what I paid for this car.)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Need em too. Never had a black car before, and holy hell does this thing get filthy.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i "came over" about an hour ago - i just got home with my ms3 gt in silver. i went in for the test drive and the salesman said they dont drive em unless they get a credit check going so i said get it going then. they only had a black sport on the lot and i can not do black as i dont have a garage for it, they did have 2 silver gt's and he let me have it for $700 under msrp that was 23850. they also gave me $8300 for my '02 gti so i ended up financing about 11800 for 3 years at 6.9%. i was hoping to extend the payments with a better rate but at 6.9 i went ahead for the 36 months. anyways i gotta get up at 3 in the morning to ern a paycheck for this so ive gotta be hitting the sack soon, ill post up some pics tomorrow afternoon. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Word. Welcome aboard. Come and say what up in the mazdaspeed section. We'll be waiting.

·
Registered
397 Posts
[quote author=IlikeGUNS link=topic=69339.msg1205756#msg1205756 date=1171414570]
well i "came over" about an hour ago - i just got home with my ms3 gt in silver. i went in for the test drive and the salesman said they dont drive em unless they get a credit check going so i said get it going then. they only had a black sport on the lot and i can not do black as i dont have a garage for it, they did have 2 silver gt's and he let me have it for $700 under msrp that was 23850. they also gave me $8300 for my '02 gti so i ended up financing about 11800 for 3 years at 6.9%. i was hoping to extend the payments with a better rate but at 6.9 i went ahead for the 36 months. anyways i gotta get up at 3 in the morning to ern a paycheck for this so ive gotta be hitting the sack soon, ill post up some pics tomorrow afternoon. :klavergreg:
[/quote]

Congratulations!..Same color Sport model for myself. I have the same finance rate as well 6.9 for 36 months. I been shopping around lately for lower rates so far the best is 6.6 but thats only going to save me 2 bucks a month so not worth it. If I can save 10 bucks or more I'll do it.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Good lord, did you get a free hooker with that?

·
Registered
397 Posts
[quote author=TruboPower link=topic=69339.msg1206021#msg1206021 date=1171420216]
Sup man, I had a GTP modded as well. If you can find the ms3 go for it, $22k is a steal. I paid $28590 for mine.
[/quote]

whoa...what else did you get at that price? Did you buy accessories as well?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
[quote author=IlikeGUNS link=topic=69339.msg1203102#msg1203102 date=1171320684]
thanks warpspeed. i just got off the phone with the internet/fleet salesman for my local dealership and he said they mark it up $3000 over msrp and that he can cut out the #3000 markup and another $200 off the msrp. he said msrp was $22800 but on yahoo it says $22240 - im gonna try a few more fleet guys and see what they say. wednsday after work im going in for a drive.
[/quote]

I used the Mazda inventory search and it turned out Galpin in Van Nuys had a LOT of em. Salesman was Gary Z and it was pretty much a no BS MSRP deal with a fair amount on my 06 MS 3 in trade.
I bet you could shave off 500 from MSRP easy. Inventory seems to be going up and they are not going for above MSRP any more. They had all kinds of inventory. I got to pick mine after being told none were going to be avail at my local dealer. I was in and out in a few hours. Would buy from them again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Way to go Guns!
Did you deal with San Jose Almaden or Oak Tree here in San Jose?
(Deep South Bay Area)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got it from almaden mazda, what color is your ride?

·
Registered
633 Posts
[quote author=warpspeed link=topic=69339.msg1203137#msg1203137 date=1171321173]
I know some of us in this community have probably payed more then MSRP. But I don't suggest you do it because you should be able to get the car for either MSRP or less.

The MSRP on my car was 22835 I payed 22335. The price on Yahoo is not correct.

[/quote]

I was just at the Mazda dealer today. The sticker on the MS3GT they had there was $23,995. It had the nav system and some other stuff putting it at just over $26k. (this was in Mazda of Clear Lake in Houston, TX) Anyway, the salesman told me that they usually put a $2000 adder (something about a supply/demand fee) cause they don't have that many and they're in such high demand, but "for me" they wouldn't put that extra fee on. That sounded like total BS to me. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts