Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

This is my first time on this website, and I was just wondering if any of you can help me out with my problems...I am 17 years old and my parents had just bought me a mazda 3 type S model for me over this past x'mas. I love the car and all, but I really really wanted to get the white or blue-ish headlights. Any ideas of where I can find them??? Also, this is my first stick shift car, I can drive it fine and all, but are there any tips for me so I can minimize the damages that I will be doing to my car?
Thanks guys.

Sincerely,

Rocky

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Try looking at our sponsors :p

Polarion sells true HID's - much brighter/etc than your standard halogen headlights you have now. I couldn't say pricing offhand, although certainly a few hundred+. Take a look at their website.

Hoen-USA sells white/blue halogen's. Again, not sure about pricing.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
For the record: Its not Type S... its just 3s.

·
Registered
889 Posts
rookiesin said:
Hey everyone,

This is my first time on this website, and I was just wondering if any of you can help me out with my problems...I am 17 years old and my parents had just bought me a mazda 3 type S model for me over this past x'mas. I love the car and all, but I really really wanted to get the white or blue-ish headlights. Any ideas of where I can find them??? Also, this is my first stick shift car, I can drive it fine and all, but are there any tips for me so I can minimize the damages that I will be doing to my car?
Thanks guys.

Sincerely,

Rocky
Congrats, wish my parents would have gotten me a brand new car when I was 17. They threw me their 83 Toyota Cressida and got themselves a new car. :p

As far as getting light bulbs, you can go into any auto parts store such as Autozone and get some Silvia Silverstars. They are very good, looks good and functions good.

As far as driving a stick goes. My advice is to put the car into neutral at lights... I know the popular thing to do is to step on the clutch and leave it in gear but that will jack up your clutch over time. Other than that, enjoy your new car!!! :D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
vaBooM said:

wheres that damn Type S emblem....i coulda sworn it was just....DAMN! :roll:

*no offense anyone* just some humor..

·
Registered
169 Posts
n1smo said:
As far as driving a stick goes. My advice is to put the car into neutral at lights... I know the popular thing to do is to step on the clutch and leave it in gear but that will jack up your clutch over time. Other than that, enjoy your new car!!! :D
And how long over time?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
vaBooM said:

wheres that damn Type S emblem....i coulda sworn it was just....DAMN! :roll:

*no offense anyone* just some humor..
Pep Boys and Checkers carry APC. They have the Type S emblem. Funny, its on all their rice-a-roni products... from cell phone holders to plug in LED lights.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Jizoshula said:
n1smo said:
And how long over time?
I have no idea, why don't you find out and tell us? :p I was told by my mechanic a while back, it was one of his pet peeves. He said you are still engaging the clutch wearing down the springs and plates or some sh!t like that. :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts