Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I joined the ranks of Mazda3 owners. The ATX in my poor 1989 Ford (Mazda) Probe lost first and overdrive last month, so I was on the fast track for a new vehicle. I've had my eyes on the 3 since it was released, and it was time to take the plunge. I'm very happy with this car so far and it seems like a good value. (Great ride and handling, exterior design, steering, nice looking interior, etc.) I went with another automatic tranny with the expectation that this one is a bit more reliable than the one in the Probe. I can already tell it's much improved. So here she is after a wash, albeit in some shadows. (Yes, I missed some spots, it's 20 degrees out and the foam brushes at the DIY car wash do not work in this weather. ;))

2007 Mazda3 i Touring Rally White

1989 Ford Probe, looking rather sad

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice...I use to a own a silver 89 probe as well a long long time ago. When I sold it it had 110 thousand miles on it. It was my parents car and they drove it for a few years before they gave it to me when I was 16 after I got my license. I drove it for about 5 years. Glad to see there is still one left over in this world.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I love the Probes. Always liked the looks, and hell, they're Mazdas!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcome - looks spiffy. One of the spots you missed are the plates. You got some kind of smudgey stuff all over them. That's a good way to meet a police officer - not good unless you're into that kind of stuff. :?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=warpspeed link=topic=69269.msg1201141#msg1201141 date=1171233440]
Nice...I use to a own a silver 89 probe as well a long long time ago. When I sold it it had 110 thousand miles on it. It was my parents car and they drove it for a few years before they gave it to me when I was 16 after I got my license. I drove it for about 5 years. Glad to see there is still one left over in this world.
[/quote]

Yeah, the Probe is a nice little car. I had it for five years and it was a fine car for me. My dad is thinking of maybe rebuilding the tranny in it... There's no rust on the car and the motor is in great shape, so it's too bad to junk it.

Sealy, my plates are a post production thing... I'm just a paranoid sucker when posting stuff on the interwebs. 8)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=ElJay link=topic=69269.msg1203005#msg1203005 date=1171317847]
[quote author=warpspeed link=topic=69269.msg1201141#msg1201141 date=1171233440]
... I'm just a paranoid sucker
[/quote]

I just won't even get into that statement. I was young once, too. Stay away from the cops for awhile. :shock:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very nice! I'm looking at getting the exact same model/color combination in June (with sunroof).

Quick question: Is the chrome top section of the grill standard... because I'm not sure I like that very much... or is it an option you added? I prefer if the top "v" part of the grill was white, same as the body.

·
Registered
865 Posts
(Yes, I missed some spots, it's 20 degrees out and the foam brushes at the DIY car wash do not work in this weather. Wink)
Dood. Please make that the LAST time you try to use the foam brushes at the DIY car wash! The clearcoat on this car can show scratches if you look at it wrong...PLEASE take care when washing your car or you will hate yourself the first time you look at it from an angle on a sunny day...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
congrats!!! looks very nice . . . nice ode to the probe getting another white car :goodjob:

[quote author=Greykiller2005 link=topic=69269.msg1310997#msg1310997 date=1175662726]
(Yes, I missed some spots, it's 20 degrees out and the foam brushes at the DIY car wash do not work in this weather. Wink)
Dood. Please make that the LAST time you try to use the foam brushes at the DIY car wash! The clearcoat on this car can show scratches if you look at it wrong...PLEASE take care when washing your car or you will hate yourself the first time you look at it from an angle on a sunny day...
[/quote]

heed to that advice! my cars not even 2 months old and i can see a ton of scratches on the clear coat even though i try to be extra carful . . .

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
NEVER use the foam brushes at the DIY car washes.

If you go to a DIY wash, use the pressure HOSE ONLY.

Best way to wash is bucket and a wash mitt and a hose.

Always dry your car with a CLEAN drycloth. You can get specific cloths are ur local stores....for drying cars.
If its dirty, dont use it...wash it first.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey ElJay,

Any chance you can post some more pics of your Mazda... its the color combo/model I'm looking at buying Memorial Day weekend... just want some material to daydream about till then (for some reason I'm having a hard time finding pics of white M3 sedans).

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
[quote author=zeroflux link=topic=69269.msg1355904#msg1355904 date=1177221841]
Hey ElJay,

Any chance you can post some more pics of your Mazda... its the color combo/model I'm looking at buying Memorial Day weekend... just want some material to daydream about till then (for some reason I'm having a hard time finding pics of white M3 sedans).
[/quote]

there is a white mz3 thread in the models/trim section.

·
Registered
9 Posts
this might answer two people's questions... the chrome front end means it is a 2.0 liter, the S (with the 2.3 liter engine) has the front painted the same as the body.

that is a nice looking car tho, i love the white. in fact, those factory wheels are very nice and look awesome with the white color.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote author=zeroflux link=topic=69269.msg1310958#msg1310958 date=1175661473]
Very nice! I'm looking at getting the exact same model/color combination in June (with sunroof).

Quick question: Is the chrome top section of the grill standard... because I'm not sure I like that very much... or is it an option you added? I prefer if the top "v" part of the grill was white, same as the body.
[/quote]

The 2007 i comes with that chrome piece in the grille. The s grille looks better (it's in body color) but I didn't really want to spend any more on the car. :) I think I like the chrome more than the black piece on the previous i trim.

Here's some of the other pics I have taken of it... I haven't got inside it and taken interior shots yet, though!

Closer look at the wheels (after installing OEM mudflaps)

This was taken after our wonderful April snow storm.

This was taken April 16 after 4" of rain and a tree tried to fall onto it. :shock:
Best way to wash is bucket and a wash mitt and a hose.
I agree. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations, zeroflux!! It's a great car. I'm very pleased with mine. :D I'm glad the wait is over for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts