Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wats up guys......Im looking at the speed 3 and i like it alot.....Ive been reading the forums and have seen alot of potential in this car.....Im gonna trade in my GTO 6.0 LS2 for a speed i know its a big down grade but i have a baby on the way and need a more economical and easier car to get the baby in and out of.....Im Getting the msp cai right of the bat and was woundering wat other mod i should do right off the bat???I was thinking a blow off valve since i have never had a turbo car and i love the sound....Im picking a black msp 3 grand touring....Im planing on blacking out the rear lights and doing the fogs in yellow i was also thinking on getting some gold rotas....I love this car and i love this board......I am open to any suggestions and comments you guys have....Also donno if its a good price but im picking up the msp3 grand touring for 24k.....Thanks and cant wait to drive this car....

·
Registered
865 Posts
More economical? Don't buy this car for the mileage dude, you'll be dissapointed.

But you won't be dissapointed with the rest of the car - it's great!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
milage is still gonna be better than a GTO :p

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
welcome
when you get the CAI, you'll BOV will actually sound a lot cooler and you really don't have to buy a new BOV. put your money towards other things. Tint would a good idea. Looks like you're getting a good price. mounting your mp3 player is another mod.
also, the CBE is suppose to be coming out soon, sometime in March.
This is a great car. you'll LOVE it. trust me. and you'll get comments about it all the time.

[quote author=Tenacious_B link=topic=70829.msg1242287#msg1242287 date=1172788114]
More economical? Don't buy this car for the mileage dude, you'll be dissapointed.

[/quote]

I don't know what you're talking about. shift at 3000 rpm and drive it nicely. you'll get good mileage.
plenty of mileage posts on this forum. people getting as high as 32 mpg on highway driving.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=Tenacious_B link=topic=70829.msg1242287#msg1242287 date=1172788114]

[/quote].
I have 385 whp and 410wtq on the GTO....I got Longtubes/off road connectors/cai/ported throttle body/ported intake manifold/Custom tune/corsa sport exausht....Completly stocki was getting 15mpg city pussy footing it and about 17mpg highway.....Now with the mods i get about 13mpg city and 14-15 mpg highway.....I know this will be alot better on the gas......

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=70829.msg1242300#msg1242300 date=1172788490]
welcome
when you get the CAI, you'll BOV will actually sound a lot cooler and you really don't have to buy a new BOV. put your money towards other things. Tint would a good idea. Looks like you're getting a good price. mounting your mp3 player is another mod.
This is a great car. you'll LOVE it. trust me. and you'll get comments about it all the time.
[/quote]
I was under the impression that the factory radio played mp3 cds????? Since it has the bose audio package set up......I was reading up on the CBE accespoint and it looks awsome....My only problem now is to find someone here in miami that is knowlagble with mazdas and knows wat thier doing....

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
YOu have made a wise choice. This "rocket" is going to put a severe dent in the SCCA and drag racing scene, in addition to being a very solid vehicle anyways.

:bowdown:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Forums!! I also have a new baby (4 months old) and this was my perfect excuse to "upgrade" to a 4 door Hatch... the MS3!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
where u at? wanna trade str8 uP? i got a black GT :lol:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=sp33dy GT link=topic=70829.msg1242533#msg1242533 date=1172791969]
where u at? wanna trade str8 uP? i got a black GT :lol:
[/quote] :banana: :banana:Haha How much do you owe????You wanna continue payments on the GTO....Im in Miami.......

·
Registered
143 Posts
17k around there...

im driving to tampa in 2 weeks....what color is it.?? taking his cts-v down...not taking my speed tho...helping my buddy move then flying back..haha

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote author=sp33dy GT link=topic=70829.msg1242776#msg1242776 date=1172797660]
17k around there...

im driving to tampa in 2 weeks....what color is it.?? taking his cts-v down...not taking my speed tho...helping my buddy move then flying back..haha
[/quote]
Not bad i still owe 26k on the GTO.....Thats why im waiting to see wat they give me on the trade in kelly blue book 24k so im hoping i can get a bit more if not ill be down the hole a bit....

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
[quote author=Soon Too Be a Speed3 link=topic=70829.msg1242322#msg1242322 date=1172789010]
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=70829.msg1242300#msg1242300 date=1172788490]
welcome
[/quote]
I was under the impression that the factory radio played mp3 cds????? Since it has the bose audio package set up......I was reading up on the CBE accespoint and it looks awsome....My only problem now is to find someone here in miami that is knowlagble with mazdas and knows wat thier doing....

[/quote]The stock radio doesn't play mp3 disc's unfortunately. You need to spend something like $600 or $1500, cant remember which to get the upgrade.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote author=TruboPower link=topic=70829.msg1243234#msg1243234 date=1172807984]
[quote author=Soon Too Be a Speed3 link=topic=70829.msg1242322#msg1242322 date=1172789010]
welcome
[/quote]

[/quote]The stock radio doesn't play mp3 disc's unfortunately. You need to spend something like $600 or $1500, cant remember which to get the upgrade.
[/quote]

Is it a dealer option????

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was looking at the sponsers website and saw some stuff i like....I saw the Street Unit TurboSmart Dual Port Blow Off Valve Kit,
StreetUnit Performance Silicone Boost Tubes, ETS Top Mount Bar & Plate Intercooler polished,GReddy Radiator Breather,GReddy Universal Oil Catch Can,GT Spec Mid Chassis Brace: MAZDASPEED 3,GT Spec Rear Lower Tie Brace: MAZDASPEED 3, TurboXS race pipe,Then i need a boost controler donno wich one and a turbo timer donno wich one.......I wanna get the Msp intake right off the bat.....Plz any advice is welcome..

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
CAI
CBE+Race pipe or TBE
Tires

Thats all you need! I would go with Cobb/Xede/CPE to get control of the ECU not a boost controller

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=70829.msg1243391#msg1243391 date=1172812704]
CAI
CBE+Race pipe or TBE
Tires

Thats all you need! I would go with Cobb/Xede/CPE to get control of the ECU not a boost controller
[/quote]
wats TBE????Dam you shortend my list up quick....I do plan to get tires but i plan on gettting rims so once the stock tires are pretty much done ill upgrade and get me a set of rims with tires....Maybe some rotas or volks.....But do those piggybacks control boost as well?????Now why not a turbo timer.....Almost all my friends that have turbo cars have them dosnt help???I am a newb at this and it will be my first turbo car....

·
Registered
256 Posts
TBE = turbo back exhaust

I totally agree with Matt. A CAI, Catback exhaust + race pipe or a turboback exhaust, and some good tires and you'll be set.

I'm pretty happy with the power with just a CAI. I don't think I'm even going to get a race pipe after the CBE.

Good luck on your purchase, very wise choice:).

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[quote author=awdturbo link=topic=70829.msg1245900#msg1245900 date=1172902817]
TBE = turbo back exhaust

I totally agree with Matt. A CAI, Catback exhaust + race pipe or a turboback exhaust, and some good tires and you'll be set.

I'm pretty happy with the power with just a CAI. I don't think I'm even going to get a race pipe after the CBE.

[/quote]
Thanks for the Info....I know i am....I have read nothing but great reviews on this car....Im allready in love with the Auto exe front bumper.....What CAI did you go with???

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
TBE = turbo back exhaust

[/quote]

Stock max PSI for our car is 15.6 the k04 (our turbo) cannot hold 19PSI up to redline, it poops out the little guy. MS6 owners say that 17PSI works good, but a boost controller is something you really dont need

The ECU tuneing changes the map layout of what happens to the car, trimming fuel curves, getting rid of limiters (1st and 2nd have a boost limiter)

Cobb- Has been the most interesting, they are a well trusted company and are going to do great things with the MS3 to make it great, they are also going to make parts, and also have different stage tunes for what mods you have on the car, with the suby system which they are more known for you have like a cell phone that communicates and you can take readings from there and change your map.... you should look this up in the forums. Cost ~$700

CPE- speculation right now but they are trying to put out something Cost $600-$700

Xede- only one out right now, and its claimed to jump you up to 290whp if i remember right, this works as a interceptor system where it overrides what the ECU sends, cost is $1000 and they dont have PnP availiable yet

Also the upgraded TMIC is said to let more boost travel, reported it makes a couple pounds just by being able to breath, plus it puts in more cold air

[quote author=Soon Too Be a Speed3 link=topic=70829.msg1245909#msg1245909 date=1172903417]
TBE = turbo back exhaust

[/quote]
Thanks for the Info....I know i am....I have read nothing but great reviews on this car....Im allready in love with the Auto exe front bumper.....What CAI did you go with???
[/quote]

He has the Mazdaspeed CAI
I havent seen the AutoEXE bumper.... i love the stock one too much to even think about changing it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts