Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am trying to get some type of performance parts for my 2004 mazda 3. ummm i have never really been too much into cars and i would like to figure some of the basics out so i know what kind of parts i can/should get for my car.

any information could be extremely helpful.

so if someone can email me so i can start talking to them to figure this stuff out that would be great. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
update your info to include your location, that way fellow members can point you in the direction of local places to get good deals. and welcome.

·
Banned
13,838 Posts
[quote author=jarvis15 link=topic=110154.msg2268930#msg2268930 date=1209361418]
so i am trying to get some type of performance parts for my 2004 mazda 3. ummm i have never really been too much into cars and i would like to figure some of the basics out so i know what kind of parts i can/should get for my car.

any information could be extremely helpful.

so if someone can email me so i can start talking to them to figure this stuff out that would be great. [email protected]
[/quote]

Start reading threads in the powertrain section. The modification sub forum is probably a good place for you to start. Or better yet the Modifications FAQ sub forum, as it has some good stickies on mods, for running Naturally Aspirated.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?board=974.0

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
[quote author=kingofsorrow link=topic=110154.msg2269206#msg2269206 date=1209388483]
off topic: i'm surprised you guys haven't flamed him. :lol:
[/quote]

we are all in a good mood this morning

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
:lol: I don't start flaming until later in the day.

The normal progression as far as perf. mods goes....

TB ground
CAI/SRI
CBE
Advance timing
Wheels
Drop

or something to that effect.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
[quote author=kingofsorrow link=topic=110154.msg2269223#msg2269223 date=1209389098]
and removing those so ugly door mouldings.
[/quote]

For looks:

Remove moldings
Debadge/Paint emblems
Tint
interior LEDs
HIDs
Replace antenna with stubby/sharkfin
paint the calipers
Body kit/grill modification
Grill LEDs

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
[quote author=cromus link=topic=110154.msg2269271#msg2269271 date=1209390625]
the long things on the side of the car that are supposed to save your car from door dings.

i got a ding in my door yesterday. the moldings wouldn't have saved me :(
[/quote]

and thats why i had no issues removing mine.. here in houston there are soo many huge trucks, their doors hit above the moldings anyway, it will do no good..

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
If you are "not so into cars", why are you modding? If you want to learn more about cars...sweet! Just search in the powertrain forum here and you should find some good stuff. Intake, springs and exhaust are usually a good place to begin. First off...please take your door moldings off...makes the car look much cleaner! And welcome to the world of modding! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you all for that information. i have updated my info and im hoping to hear from some people for deals and whatnot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts