Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a black 2005 M3 hatchback. It has 35K miles on it and is in really good shape. I'm not a big fan of small cars but coming from a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 costing me over $80 to fill (when gas was high), I'm loving this. This car is mostly for commuting, having kept the Ram, I already want to do some mods. Wheels, tint and an upgraded sound system would be nice start.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums..... strange, danielj didn't get here first.... I hope he's okay. :lol: Anyway my first two suggestions to everyone are to get a third key (see the sticky at the top of this sub forum), and replace/augment the stock horn.

[quote author=sickboy12 link=topic=134804.msg2909309#msg2909309 date=1233685851]
Since getting the car I have noticed some small issues. The plastic clip that holds down the back seat is broken. Is this a replaceable part?
[/quote]

This is a replaceable part, and there is a TSB for it (look HERE. Basically there are metal "U"'s attached to the underside of the seat cushion. These go into the plastic clips in the floor pan. Sadly when you pull on the cushion instead of the metal part coming out of the clip the clip itself breaks off of the floor pan.

There's lot of great info. here on the forums so take a look around and let us know when you have questions. Again, welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm just getting a little pissed :x at the dealership at this point. Don't know what it's called, but the sheild on the botton of the engine is hanging down, the rear seat clip is broken and I have a fog lamp out. Doesn't this place check the damn cars before they sell them? Too bad for me they are the only Mazda dealer in the area...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.