Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I bought a new 09 Mazda3 with the Touring Value package. I didn't know what I had bought till after I bought it. What I mean is, my Mazda3 is fun to drive. I just traded my 15 year old Honda Accord EX on this car and MAN what a difference.

The vehicle handles great, and my 12yo son loves it too. The mpg is not bad either, 33 mpg driving to Lexington Ky. and back.

The acceleration is not bad. I have not had a chance to check it out yet because I'm trying to take it easy in order to break it in. I only have about 850 mile on her right now. But as soon as I get a 1000 on her I will test her out.

I plan to do a couple of small MODS, tinted windows, CAI and a spoiler as soon as the funds become available. But for now all I want to do is drive my Mazda3. Man I'm 47 and I feel like a kid in a candy store again, LOL.

Nice to meet you all, and this is my first post here.

Bill

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Welcome to the forums man!

Congrats on the 3!!!!!

Im sure as soon as you start to mod the bug will keep biting lol

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We're always glad to see another Mazda convert. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today was the day that I finally got to test my M3 handling and I must say that I am very impressed. The handling is very responsive, the slightest turn and you are where you want to be.

Here in West Virgainia we have a few roads that are quite fun to drive. I picked my son from school and we went driving. The RSA stock tires arn't that bad, as some people on this forum have quoted not liking them, but what do I know. I'm just getting started in this new hobby.

Bill

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
They are good tires, until you get into the snow. All in all, it's a great car. Welcome to the forums, sir.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=ito link=topic=137786.msg2973782#msg2973782 date=1236114305]
They are good tires, until you get into the snow. All in all, it's a great car. Welcome to the forums, sir.
[/quote]

+1, they don't like cold, or cold/wet. They also don't last all that long. Otherwise in warm dry weather they're not bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts