Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my mazdaspeed accessory shocks and struts with tein-s techs a few days ago. I noticed today that after driving a little hard or taking a few quick corners i smelled a burning smell but its only coming from my rear left tire (not from the tire its self) from inside the wheel well. Also when i hit certain bumps it sounds like metal against metal or a clunk coming from the front. I tightened up the top mounts pretty tight thinking it was that but its not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same problem, possibly different reason. I have had my hatch to the dealership 3 times in the last 2 months for that reason. However the first two times they told me it was my brake pad aligned wrong, the second time it was a cracked brake pad and the third time they finally said i had a messed up caliper but didnt have much more detail than that. The only reason i mention this was because it was my rear left wheel well, and all the symptoms you mentioned played a part in my problem. Not sure with will help, but another thing to look at.....

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your suspension made clunking noises because of the caliper? or you are referring to the burning smell.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dam...anyone else have any insight...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts