Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PolarionLighting.com has come onboard as a new sponsor. Their primary product is Philips HID's. I know Hoen-USA has recommended this exact company in the past.

Polarion will not be able to respond on the forums, but be sure to click through to their website, check them out, and perhaps tell them you came from here!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
They have what looks to be a nice kit. Maybe next year sometime I'll have some $ to install one!

·
Registered
77 Posts
When our customers ask us for HID upgrades etc. we send them to Polarion due to good warranty and a complete kit using Philips parts that is very easy to install.

·
Registered
78 Posts
But my question is, how is the installation fitment on the H7 bulb? I had a 2002 Toyota Celica I traded for my Mazda 3 and I had HID upgrade and the H7 is a unique base and I had to make some foam fit in between the bulbs base and the grommet...is there any solution to this on the MZ3? I assume some people have installed a complete H7 aftermarket HID kit on the mazda's and hopefully they can chime in...I specifically got every option except HID because I wanted a more purplish color temperature.

Anyone on this? The HID install is easy I know but how about the fitment of the H7 bulbs?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm in the market but I'm concerned about the custom H7 base and fitment issues with the bulbs..but I'm still gonna get a set soon

·
Registered
272 Posts
It would be awesome if someone made an HID kit for the 3. That way, I could buy a 3i and still have HID. 8)

·
Registered
272 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Polarion DOES sell an HID kit.
DUH. I know. People have expressed concerns that the 3 may require a kit designed specifically for it due to the headlight. That is why I have reservations.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I beleive all H7 bulbs have some issues..you need something to hold the bulb in place because H7's are a different type of bulb..err..why not just use 9006/9005 and make things easy...sigh

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
mazda 3 does use 9005.. or should i say hb3 for highbeams.

all you have to do is drill a couple holes in your round connector and your hid kit would fit nicely with that clip. =D

·
Registered
327 Posts
why would you wanna use your highbeams for your HID, most people want to use their lowbeams. Unless if you want bi-xenon, then you can use both low and highbeams.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
i was just saying that mazda 3 uses 9005 as stated by grooverider that why can't they use something like 9006/9005. I didn't say use HID on the highbeam. You can always rewire so that your highbeam is low beam and low beam is high beam.

·
Registered
327 Posts
You could rewire :), but projectors are better than reflector.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts