Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been asked many many times, but I just bought my speed3. I want to replace the stock radio with a pioneer double din deck. Got two questions? Who sells the best kit and what happens to the LCD screen above the stock radio.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Most mainstream installation kits do not look good on the piano black interior (2008.5 and above). If you're serious about aftermarket kits, read through this thread here:
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=30819.270

Kanatech has the best kit on the market right now, but it's $125.00 and you lose control of everything on the LCD except the AC controls. If you have the Bose, I actually recommend foregoing an aftermarket head unit and getting an 3-way OEM converter. MTX makes a good one for about $180.00

Also, Mazda now makes a $200 iPod integration unit with full playlist control and LCD text display. Obviously you won't get a lot of features with OEM (bluetooth, GPS, etc), but the sound quality is very good when mated to a good set of components, amp and sub. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i had mine replaced as well.

you may want to try the 2 din panel from Scocshe.

the AC will not be affected the only one that will be removed will the radio it self...you can also retain the display on top of the stock radio but the only usage will be for the clock and room/cabin temp...

and btw, you cannot use the steering remote once you put the pioneer HU.

i installed JVC on mine.. looks really nice... :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
[quote author=emiltugz link=topic=135428.msg2916733#msg2916733 date=1233907714]
you may want to try the 2 din panel from Scocshe.
[/quote]

The Scocshe kit (sp?) is better than the Metra kit, but the finish is a bit "off" for the newer trims.

Both JL Audio and MTX make OEM converters applicable to the non-Bose units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts