Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to jump in and ask:

I have a 2009 stock radio w/6cd changer, 6 speakers and mp3 jack in arm rest. I have heard any where from 7-25W rms.

For now I would like to add new speakers. What do you think, can the stock unit drive these? I don't need to wake the dead just sound good!

JL AUDIO TR570-CXI

FEATURES:

1. 2-way 5"x7" speakers
2. fit 6"x8" openings
3. injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene woofer
4. butyl rubber surround
5. 1/2" textile dome tweeter
6. 4-ohm impedance
7. 2-50 watts RMS power range
8. frequency response: 53-22,000 Hz
9. sensitivity: 90.5 dB
10. depth: 2-7/16"

In the future I may add a amp (no sub) only if it can be done with pre made harnesses.

Thanks for your thoughts

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
I have those and they sound great. They sounded just fine when I had the stock HU, and are even better now that I have an aftermarket deck. I recommend getting foam speaker baffles and sound deadening your doors... you may start getting rattles after awhile, and sound deadening will help your speakers sound their best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks sdemo45

I was wondering if I am the only one who likes JL Audio! I have them on my boat with a Clarion HU and they sound great.

I have been searching and see lots of owner go for the sound deadening, why not since the door panel is off!

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
Oh, you're certainly not the only one who likes JL Audio... its just not as popular around here for some reason. If I were you, I'd seriously consider buying a new HU later on. The increase in output power will definitely make the door speakers sound better. It'll also help you with built in pre-amp outputs for when you add your amp/sub.

BTW, I also have a 10w1v2 in a PowerWedge and it sounds great.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
I went right to the wedge.  I seriously need my trunk space, so I didnt really have any options other than building a false floor or going with the stealth box that fits in the jack area.  I didnt really want the box in the jack, as it can only really fit an 8", and I dont have the skills or money at my disposal to build/buy a false floor.

My only regret is that I didnt get a 10w3, but thats not a big deal.  I'm very happy with what I have.  The box is built extremely strong, and the performance of the sub has been exactly what I needed.  I'm not shaking the rearview mirror off my windshield, but, IMO, thats not what subs are for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds good.. I am hoping that the upgraded front end will compensate for alot. I have a 12" in my truck and can shake my whippers. But my 3 will be different . I too need all the space I can get. When I get the 8" installed I will post pics here there and everywhere.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
The upgraded front end certainly compensates for a lack of clarity.. but it doesnt produce any more bass. I have my JL co-ax's playing 150hz and higher, and they sound perfect. Crystal clear. I left the stock rear doors at 120hz and above, and my sub is 40-180hz. Of course, you dont really get this kind of control from the stock HU.. so upgrading that to really tune your speakers is necessary.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I currently have a Clarion speakers in my 85 Trans Am and a JL 13W1V2 sub and if they are anything like the JL Subs they will sound great, i know a sub is nothing like a normal speaker but the quality is awesome! Im looking to switch to JL speakers to my 3 soon as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts