Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've made a few posts here and there, but my fiance and I picked up our Mazda 3 5 door Touring this past Thursday at Jim Ellis Mazda in Marietta, Georgia. Its a base Touring model with no other options, I bought the rubber Mazda cargo tray for the hatch area from the parts department. Its going to be my to/from work car and will replace her Jeep as our "date" car. With a little bit than less half a tank left I've driven 260 miles (40 miles one way to work!) so it looks like I don't have one of the cars getting 20 mpg. So far I'm loving it, rides great, handles even better and I have no complaints about the power. My only gripe is the amount of tire noise at highway speeds. I guess I'll just have to wait until these tires wear out before addressing that.

I paid $500 under invoice (I bought it on S-plan) which brought the final price to $18,600 with tax and title. I was able to get the dealer to drop their $400 "service fee" just by asking. We put $3000 down, so we financed $15,600 from our credit union which had a great 4.9% rate at 48 months, bringing our payment to about $350 per month.

It doesn't look like I'll be doing any mods to this car, I have an 86 Mustang SVO to tinker with that I just put a T4/T3 hybrid (V1 trim T4b/T3 Stage III .63) on that I'm shooting for 300+ rwhp on.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Congrats! I got a same spec in Galaxy Gray not too long ago, and I'm loving it as well!

Just curious what the actual purchase price of the car was, before tax and title?

·
Registered
244 Posts
i purchased mine there as well too. Sticker price was 16 + tax + other insurance crap and i'm paying $391 for 60 months =( the overall price with everything that i'm paying off was $21,600. sucks to be young and not have a great credit i guess =/

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcome! Nice to have another Hatch join the group. You know we want to see what yours looks like. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=mattness138 link=topic=66326.msg1162658#msg1162658 date=1169495090]
i purchased mine there as well too. Sticker price was 16 + tax + other insurance crap and i'm paying $391 for 60 months =( the overall price with everything that i'm paying off was $21,600. sucks to be young and not have a great credit i guess =/
[/quote]

Were you trading in something? What is the other insurance crap you were talking about? FYI, there's nothing that forces you to take any of that credit insurance or GAP insurance just because you don't have much in the way of established credit.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
[quote author=Bart link=topic=66326.msg1137631#msg1137631 date=1168206779]
Hi all,

I've made a few posts here and there, but my fiance and I picked up our Mazda 3 5 door Touring this past Thursday at Jim Ellis Mazda in Marietta, Georgia. Its a base Touring model with no other options, I bought the rubber Mazda cargo tray for the hatch area from the parts department. Its going to be my to/from work car and will replace her Jeep as our "date" car. With a little bit than less half a tank left I've driven 260 miles (40 miles one way to work!) so it looks like I don't have one of the cars getting 20 mpg. So far I'm loving it, rides great, handles even better and I have no complaints about the power. My only gripe is the amount of tire noise at highway speeds. I guess I'll just have to wait until these tires wear out before addressing that.

I paid $500 under invoice (I bought it on S-plan) which brought the final price to $18,600 with tax and title. I was able to get the dealer to drop their $400 "service fee" just by asking. We put $3000 down, so we financed $15,600 from our credit union which had a great 4.9% rate at 48 months, bringing our payment to about $350 per month.

It doesn't look like I'll be doing any mods to this car, I have an 86 Mustang SVO to tinker with that I just put a T4/T3 hybrid (V1 trim T4b/T3 Stage III .63) on that I'm shooting for 300+ rwhp on.
[/quote]

Well done. Everyone knows the hatches are what counts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts