Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
The guy who owns that car is on these forums. He showed it off in another thread. Personally I really like what he did to the car, its the best looking way I've seen so far to adding an aftermarket headunit. The only downside is a useless stock hu and lack of steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
26 Posts
eipromb said:
The only downside is a useless stock hu and lack of steering wheel controls.
Someone had posted a wiring patch to allow control of aftermarket units with the steering wheel controls. . .can't find the link now for the life of me though. :wink:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Im quick to say it looks out of place. Looks good and the install is clean, just not my cup of tea.

There is a module by Peripheral that integrates factory steering wheel controls to aftermarket HUs. They are also a BITCH to program.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Huh? So he no longer has a passenger airbag light or a cigarette lighter? Also, wouldn't this mean his factory headunit is useless? I guess it would make sense if sound is the number-one priority on your list versus practicality.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Well.. he was thinking right. He didnt want to deal with losing the factory deck and the slot above it. Now he still has a time on the factory deck and it looks somewhat stock.

If it were I, I would relocate the Passenger Airbag light and cig lighter to maybe the side panel on the passenger side. At least those will still be in the car. Looks like to me he eliminated them.

Also eliminated the cig tray.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
vaBoom, did you get a new head unit for your setup? Is it necessary if all I want is nice sound from speaker (maybe new speakers) and no sub (they sound horrible most of the time).

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
zimmerDN said:
vaBoom, did you get a new head unit for your setup? Is it necessary if all I want is nice sound from speaker (maybe new speakers) and no sub (they sound horrible most of the time).
I have a headunit in mind, and it will be grafted into the factory faceplate.

New speakers is a must for better quality sound. Although it will sound better than stock, it would reproduce the low end kick that a subwoofer will add. You could further enhance the speakers by adding an amplifier. They you will have a decent amount of midbass and will not need to add a subwoofer if you dont want to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just noticed that the transmission is in drive. Anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
465 Posts
i am sure that was done so that you could see the head unit in the picture.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very good point.. after a physics test tonight at 5, I don't think too well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts