Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my black 17" Rev Model 10's in today (http://www.revwheels.com/m10.html#. They are purrrrrty. I was a little hesitant about the gloss black but they look really nice, especially with the red lettering on the center hub cover.

Will be going to Discount Tire this weekend to get em mounted. Just hope I dont get any flack about not transferring my TPMS as I heard the sensors wont fit in these rims. Anyway, I will post pics after the weekend once they are on my new ride.

Dmc3

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
did you call rev?

if they dont fit ur sensor light is going to be on all the time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't get hold of Rev. Their email address is defunct and they were not picking up their phone last week. I am going to call again today to see if I can get through, but it doesn't look good so far.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got through to a Rev techinician and his answer to whether you could mount the TPMS on the wheel was . . . "it depends." He stated that they have managed to successfully mount a few system after breaking several of the unit in the process. Great. He also said that it was dependent on the tire?? I dont see how that would matter much unless the profile was extremely low.

So now I'm torn as to whether I should even ask the guys at Discount to try to swap out the TPMS or just get them to mount the wheels and tires and deal with the annoying dash light. Does anyone know if they will actually refuse to mount the wheels if it essentially renders the TPMS useless?

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
discount tire didn't have any problems whatsoever swapping mine over, they'll know if its possible or not, give them a shot and they'll porbably figure it out

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks RR. I guess I'll let them take a run at it and see what happens. Pictures to follow once they are bolted on.

Dmc3

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wheels on. The TPMS transfered without a problem although Discount lost one of my valve caps in the process. I pointed this out and they said that it was missing when I dropped off the car. Wrong. Bitched and they gave me 4 new chrome caps. Taking pics this weekend since hell (Texas) froze over this week and weather has not been very condusive to pics.

So thumbs up for TPMS in Rev Model 10 wheels.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
[quote author=the415 link=topic=66642.msg1143801#msg1143801 date=1168491728]
did you call rev?

if they dont fit ur sensor light is going to be on all the time.
[/quote]

It's not all the time - its only half the time cause it blinks. :D

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts