Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need your opinion on a new rear motor mount. At the moment I have the corksport inserts, but they squeak when wet, so I have decided to just upgrade the whole mount instead. The inserts were good at first, but they lost some effectiveness, and the squeaking started when wet. THe shudder with the inserts is still pretty bad.

So, after some research it seems that the SU, AWR and TRZ mounts all have pretty nasty shudders and vibrations compared to the corksport inserts.

It seems that everyone is raving about the new Medieval motor mount that is a 1piece design, and the CP-E mount, but that one is so expensive and hard to get.

So is it worth it to wait and spend double for the CP-E which is like $130, or should I get the Medieval for $60 shipped?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just ordered the medieval rear and passenger side mounts yesterday. They should be here Monday or so. I will have them in shortly after and can give you an update.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
i have the medieval rear.. and its a 2 piece design... so far love it.. vibrations are not that bad.. wheel hop almost gone :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got my medieval mounts yesterday! A lot more sturdy than the pictures would make you believe. Fantastic looking mounts, just need time to install them.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
[quote author=ScottyD link=topic=139577.msg3040408#msg3040408 date=1238967077]
Just got my medieval mounts yesterday! A lot more sturdy than the pictures would make you believe. Fantastic looking mounts, just need time to install them.
[/quote]

awesome, let us know how the install goes.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
:shock: I just looked at your prices for the 2 piece side motor mount kit....verrrrry tempting. I never took the time to look at the pricing. I might have to order those after I get my car aligned.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[/quote]

did you get the dogbone mount with black or red bushings?

·
Registered
54 Posts
dogbone and passenger side mount both have the red bushings, feel very firm. Firmer feeling than urethane inserts I had in a previous car.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
[quote author=babypetit link=topic=139577.msg3040457#msg3040457 date=1238968495]
[/quote]

did you get the dogbone mount with black or red bushings?
[/quote]

It really doesn't natter to color of the bushings. They are still made from the same material. Just different color dye

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Many of my local MZ3 peeps have the CP-E and love it (as do I). The quality of the product is superb and it looks so darn amazing in the polished aluminum. It stand out in a good way.

We are all very impressed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im not sure if its because you have a header, but you won't be able to see it on my car, so its not gonna stand out.

I did get the passenger mount installed but not the dogbone yet. I am not sure if its because the side mount was torn 3/4 the way around or not, but so far I love the mount. The bushing material does transfer vibrations throught the car but its not bad at all right now. I can hear the engine better now. Whether or not the rear one will eliminate wheel hop or not, I will have to get back to you on that one. Not sure when I will be able to get that one in.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=ScottyD link=topic=139577.msg3045917#msg3045917 date=1239160052]
Im not sure if its because you have a header, but you won't be able to see it on my car, so its not gonna stand out.

I did get the passenger mount installed but not the dogbone yet. I am not sure if its because the side mount was torn 3/4 the way around or not, but so far I love the mount. The bushing material does transfer vibrations throught the car but its not bad at all right now. I can hear the engine better now. Whether or not the rear one will eliminate wheel hop or not, I will have to get back to you on that one. Not sure when I will be able to get that one in.
[/quote]

any updates since? i havent installed the medieval RMM yet...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh, yeah finally got that rear one in. Sorry didn't respond back earlier. The bushing was too big on the rear one and I had to grind it down to make it fit. Other than that, it feels great. I still have wheel hop but the driveline does feel much tighter.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Cp-e best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote author=ScottyD link=topic=139577.msg3144509#msg3144509 date=1243388801]
Oh, yeah finally got that rear one in. Sorry didn't respond back earlier. The bushing was too big on the rear one and I had to grind it down to make it fit. Other than that, it feels great. I still have wheel hop but the driveline does feel much tighter.
[/quote]

Any major changes in the amount of drivetrain noise?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey guys -- what is this vibration issue? i mean, sounds like we're solving one problem but causing another...? does it make the car feel cheap? i'd rather have a bit of occassional wheel hop than a constant vibration. can anyone elaborate on what this is like? this is my dd so i don't want it to be a constant uncomfort to drive it with these on...

·
Registered
787 Posts
I just ordered my medieval rear mount from darkstarmotorsports. I'll let you know how it goes...I am now going to prep the car for SCCA's STU class :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
[quote author=phate link=topic=139577.msg3189632#msg3189632 date=1245609746]
I just ordered my medieval rear mount from darkstarmotorsports. I'll let you know how it goes...I am now going to prep the car for SCCA's STU class :)
[/quote]

thank you for your order

1 - 20 of 22 Posts