Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys (and Girls!),

I posted earlier about possibly buying a used 2007 MZ3 GT with 67,000km (I live in Calgary, Canada) that is extremely clean and well taken care of for $13,900 (tax and fees included) but am now considering buying new.

The reason I'm considering buying new, is that there is 0% financing, otherwise I couldn't afford it. Doing some quick searches online, I think I'd be looking at around $25k for a new one. I'm a university student graduating this year, and I plan on having a full time job by May. As of right now, I have $17,000 that I can spend on a car (I've been saving for so long! Note the current '96 Mazda 626.... it has 265,000km lol).

So my question is, should I go for the '07 GT, or go with 0% financing and get the new GS? What would you do in my position? I feel like I've thought about this far too much in the past two days and I need an outside perspective!

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Go with the new one. You'll establish good credit if you pay it religiously, you'll pay a low monthly payment because of the huge amount of money you're giving up front and you'll get a new car.

Used cars are risky no matter how you put it. It's true you won't have to worry paying anything monthly, but that's not always good.

I say go for the new one. Get the one you like the most but can still afford to pay, and you'll be as happy as you'll ever be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I m also in similar situation.Unable to make my mind wheather to go for new MZ 3 GX or GS (leather) or GT used one.On one hand I think, if I get a decently used car I can get GT with all the additions and on the other hand I think its better to go for brand new with 0% down and compromise with GX or GS.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
If you can afford the down payment and pay off the car in a reasonable amount of time, I say go for the new one. 0% APR is hard to pass up and you gain a lot of peace of mind (and happiness) with a brand new car.

That said, if the used one checks out with an independent mechanic, I see no reason for it not to last as long as you want to keep it without any major problems. Either is a solid choice.

·
Registered
833 Posts
isn't the GS hatch a 2.5? if it is then there isn't much reason to buy the used one. sure there are some cool options but Ur getting a better engine in the new one I think. usually I would say buy the used one, but 67xxx is a fair amount of km to buy used. of course it is 12k less or so lol... tough call man... how long do u hope to own this car? if u buy the used one for less $, u can trade up alot sooner. the new one you pretty much have to keep OR get raped on the depreciation lol.

·
Registered
833 Posts
+1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts