Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got my Black MS3 on the 20th, Love the car.
I am coming from a highly tuned Naturally Aspirated Miata, so this car is allot different for me :) It is fast, but not a loud nasty beast like my Miata (my only complaint is the shifter is crap in comparison, and I will not even start on throttle response) (Note: my Miata was recently flattened by a semi. I owe my life to my roll cage. Lost a bunch of $$$ and 1000's of hours wrench time, and all the one-off parts I made myself; like my ITBs :-(

I am thinking after a full exhaust and intake, that a lightweight flywheel would be a very good idea!

Ok so here is my problem: When I bought the car I had the dealership add on a CAI to my loan, it was $335... Then I read about the $800 MS CAI on this forum. I went back today and double checked that the part number was wrong.
I highly doubt that the stealership will give me back my $$
So if you had $335 to spend on parts what would you get?
It seems that the MS short shifter for the 3 wont fit the MS3 (that would have been my first choice)

I cant really think of anything. Service manual? Cargo mat maybe (be nice for hauling dirty track wheels)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Maybe put it toward service or something in the future that you may need to buy from them or perhaps an oil change you may not feel like doing if you trust em. Maybe someone will break your mirror one day and youll have to buy oem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I turn wrenches on race cars for a living, so no worries about service.
I got 5 oil filters in the deal (a pittance that I got them to throw in) But there are better filters than OEM, so I do not need more.
I am pretty impressed with the stock brake pads, but don’t want to be stuck with a spare set if I have problems this summer.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
thats just enough to get you a nice CAI from cp-e !!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*sigh* I know, and that is why i wish they would give me my money back. Have to settle for "store credit" :x

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
well if thats the case, i would tell them they sold you a CAI for YOUR car for 335, and now they must give it too you. they f***ed up, thats their fault, they should either cough up an intake or give the money back.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
[quote author=TRU-BOOST link=topic=67619.msg1163851#msg1163851 date=1169528825]
well if thats the case, i would tell them they sold you a CAI for YOUR car for 335, and now they must give it too you. they f***ed up, thats their fault, they should either cough up an intake or give the money back.
[/quote]

Word! Seriously. They said $3xx for a cold air intake, and screwed up.
That, or some nice rays wheels. ;)

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
335 aint a bad price for the rear ms3 cai
realistically speaking, how can they hold you to a part for the car they just sold you that doesnt fit.
imo, you have a right to demand the correct part, or expect a full refund. dont take oil filters or brake pads and let the dealer off the hook.
its not up to you to correct them, its their mistake.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This is all well and good but in reality, the dealership is going to do whatever they want. If they are only offering a credit now, to a guy who just bought a brand new car from them and has an obvious past with them, they are'nt going to give the $$$ back period, no matter what kind of spin you put on it and no matter how badly the [email protected]#$%ED up.

Having said that, Mazdaspeed has a lightweight flywheel, I do not know the cost of it or if it is any good (or even available yet) but I remember seeing it in their brochure. They also have a front grill replacement which looks pretty good that replaces the factory one with the mazda logo on it. They have a short shifter too. I dont know if this stuff is available yet or not, I dont even have my car yet, but I know it is in the brochure with product numbers, not prices!

Good luck whatever you decide to go with. And glad to hear your alright from that accident, must have been pretty brutal! get yourself another roll cage!

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Those electronic throttles are great! So much better more precise and responsive than a cable! :wink:

Wave of the future, progress and all that.

[sarcasm] -incase the wink didn't tip you off.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
get your money back and spend it on what you want. CAI, beer, peanuts, a playstation...it is your money, their mistake. perhaps they charged you cost by accident?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
the mazdaspeed cai for the mazdaspeed 3 should be released in a couple of weeks and retails for 800, I would see if they will exchange the intake for the correct one when it comes out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here's how I see it:
The dealer assumed the CAI would be 335, agreed to sell it @ that price.
Who cares if it is really 800. The dealership should have said it's not available yet or double checked with mazda. They made a mistake, make them give you
the cai for the 335 they already charged you. If they have to eat the cost oh, well, they made plenty profit on the car already.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You might want to wait on the exhaust. People are doing testing right now, that shows there is little to no advantage to increasing exhaust size.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Well if you cannot get your money back, or get the MSCAI for the same price and have to take store credit.

Mazdaspeed license plate
Cargo net
FUEL FILLER CHROME
SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO
COMPASS/AUTO-DIM MIRROR WITH HOMELINK
COMPASS/AUTO-DIM MIRROR
Rear bumper step plates

You can always have someone here order something from you or something if it was a desparate move..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts