Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not me directly, but my g/f just bought an 07 mazda3i touring (i believe thats the model)...shes had it for a couple months, i love driving it, seems like its gonna be a fun car. my modding bug has already hit her car, and this past week we tinted the tail lights with some vinyl. also removed the dealer badge, but kept the "mazda3" one...i would like to pull the "mazda" part and move the "3" over about 3" but shes not too keen on that idea...oh well...today we ordered some 8000k HIDs (i know 6000k is enough but she wants to have that purple/bluish look that Acura TLs put out at angles) that should be in within a few days. also on the 26th the car is going in for 35% tint. i believe the color name is galaxy gray (dark gray)...oh well...heres some pics i snapped today of the car and the completed tail lights

tail light before

after

the car

there will be more mods coming for sure. planning on some nice 17s in spring (hell, those rx-8 wheels i keep seeing look quite good), possibly a drop if i can convince her, and im sure a few other things...more show than go with this car, as she isnt a speed demon

ill be around
evan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for posting in the wrong section, and thanks to whoever moved it

as for the hatch, i am really an avid hatch-hater on any other car, but with the mazda 3's, i love it. i tried talking her into the last hatch they had (was an 06, same color), but she doesnt like the hatchback. oh well...maybe ill get one in a couple years when im looking for a new car

·
Registered
18 Posts
i like the hatch in the 3 unless the sedan has a spoiler and its lowerd, nice tint job 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats another thing...she was really wanting the OEM high spoiler (one that sits about 3" off trunk lid), but we were at the mall last week and saw this...

im still up in the air...i like both of them, but in the end, its her choice...i can only try to sway her one way

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
she lives near easton (behind evans automotive) and i live in blacklick, off waggoner between broad and havens corners...the pics were taken at blendon woods and hoover dam...i thought your SN looked familiar...your on CR as well, aren't you

another ? i had...has anyone ordered from the ebay sellers who sell painted spoilers? if so, was it a solid match or would i be better off to order one unpainted and have the dealership paint it?

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
i'm not sure about the ebay seller but I do know...do not take it to the dealer...They will kill you in the price. Any decent body shop should will get the paint in from the manufacturer (sp?) and they will match in.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
[quote author=evan938 link=topic=66252.msg1137242#msg1137242 date=1168188613]
she lives near easton (behind evans automotive) and i live in blacklick, off waggoner between broad and havens corners...the pics were taken at blendon woods and hoover dam...i thought your SN looked familiar...your on CR as well, aren't you

[/quote]

Cool, I know where that is actually. And yeah, that's me over there. What's your name over there? I'm going to guess that its the same one you use on here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts