Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has NOT seen the Mazda3 commercial where a young guy races himself in the two 3 versions, be warned.

This commercial left a bad taste in my mouth, like a sour wine. Absolutely horrid.

I sent a brief but important email to Mazda regarding the ad. I don't expect any return email, any difference to be made, maybe no one will read it, but at least I've let it be known-The Mazda 3 is the best new econo car this year, have the commercials reflect this fact. Kill Civic Nation! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
any links to it?haha.. i havent seen it either...dont watch tv that much :(

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have not seen it, but from what you guys are saying I probably don't want to. I'm in the US...The last thing the 3 needs is a bad/ricey/ridiculous image courtesy of Mazda themselves.

Maybe I'm just making this up, but didn't Mazda state that there would be a common world-wide ad campaign for the 3?

EDIT: I've seen some of the Axela commercials on Maxda's JPN site. They were quite tasteful, maybe even upscale.

·
Registered
314 Posts
A friend of mine just told me about the Ad today. It was shown as part of the commertials before the movie The LOTR: Return of the King. I have yet to go see it, but am definitely curious.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Just wait till you see it...

First Mazda3 Commercial

The GOOD: Guy driving a Titanium Sedan GT w/GFX, then he says something like "but there's another car just like it" and the Winning Blue w/GFX appears and the 2 cars drive side-by-side on a curvy road.

The BAD: He says something like he's thinking about some girl in Winnipeg - now for those of you not too familiar w/Canada, Winnipeg, Regina and Saskatoon is what I wouldn't want to be reminded of when I pay $12+ for a movie (sorry for all you WPG guys) :)

Overall: Sad. VERY sad. They should have shown the car on a city street, on an auto-X course or on some curvy road, with no dumb comments.
Just the car, maybe show what it does better than the Civic/Corolla, show its interior at night and end with the traditional Zoom-Zoom. Hey, at least the kid said Zoom-Zoom at the end, but what a dumb commercial.
Dissapointed Dinu

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Narration

Yeah,

The corny narration is what killed it. Plus he's racing HIMSELF. What's that? Does he have a mental condition?

I asked Mazda to please try to steer a bit to convention and use announcer narration about the car's features and keep away from the corny stylings. Zoom Zoom was one of the best campaigns I've seen them do. Too bad that's gone :-(

My friends all made fun of me for having a Mazda 3 at the end of the ad. That's how bad it was. The car is great, but Mazda's commercials are embarassing.

I emailed them that this car is one of their best competitors to the Corolla and Civic line, and that with proper marketing (on top of the rave reviews these cars get), they could give Toyota and Honda a BIG run for their money.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Did it mention Winnipeg when you saw it?

B/c I saw it twice and I think they changed it for the 2nd time - no mention of WPG.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Curious

Hmm,

Winnipeg in the one I saw. Remember though, there's usually a shorter and longer version of the same ad for optimum useage.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Is the commercial Canada only?

I saw Return of the King last night, but no commercial during the preview. Probably a theater chain thing... UA, Century, Brenden, Regal (went to UA).

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm kinda glad they got poor marketing... I don't want everybody and his dog to own one of these things. Call me selfish but I want to be UNIQUE damnit!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts