Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those OBX pedals? The ones with the ricey "Type R" on them? I thought about getting those, but I wouldn't be able to get the Type R off.... :(

Could you take a pic from a little further back? I would like to see what aftermarket pedals look like with the interior.... :D

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Those are pedals that are clip on.....the bolt on the original pedals so you see the rubber of the brake and clutch OEM pedals...

You'll find that you have to tighten them up from time to time. I prefer the removal of the brake and clutch rubber on the OEM and then drill to screw nice racing pedals without type R, that won't bulge and will look better. Just my 0.02$.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those OBX pedals? The ones with the ricey "Type R" on them? I thought about getting those, but I wouldn't be able to get the Type R off....
Yes they are. You can hardly see the type R logo though, cos its up on top of the pedal. You can see the OBX pretty good Though.. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
How did the "dead pedal" mount. That's my biggest complaint of the driver's side of the interior. I hate to see what a couple Cleveland winters do to the carpet. You didn't have to drill it through the floor did you? Sen any plain black rubber ones?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, drilled straight through!!! :p :p

The only pain was the carpet would wrap around the drill tip... So beware, I don't think you can help that though.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am going to break down and buy a set of Sparco Grip pedals any day now.

But these look very nice. I like!

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Here is a pic on the Momo pedals that I replaced mine with

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
looks nice but again...bolt on pedals....not for me. I like pedals that you have to put screws. That won't go anywhere. With bolt ons...be sure to check them out periodically.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
derksen said:
no dead pedal?
It is on order.

Should have it by next week

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks nice but again...bolt on pedals....not for me. I like pedals that you have to put screws. That won't go anywhere. With bolt ons...be sure to check them out periodically.
I just experienced that problem, pain in the @ss i must say!!!! Only the clutch pedal through, cos i guess that's the pedal that gets ur foot on it all the way all the time.

Might drill holes through them... Shouldn't be too hard i guess???

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
malebastard said:
I just experienced that problem, pain in the @ss i must say!!!! Only the clutch pedal through, cos i guess that's the pedal that gets ur foot on it all the way all the time.

Might drill holes through them... Shouldn't be too hard i guess???
Yeah...basically drill holes and find some screws and you're set.

Bolt on pedals get loose after a while....I like my pedals to stay where they are ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah...basically drill holes and find some screws and you're set.

Bolt on pedals get loose after a while....I like my pedals to stay where they are
Yeah, i think i'll be experimenting on the clutch pedal first which is the problem pedal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts