Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, if you haven't heard of the N2MB Racing WOT Box, then you need to go check out our website at http://www.n2mb.com/wotbox

The WOT Box is a simple electronic mod that will add no-lift shifting and 2-step launch control to your car. We have completed thorough testing and have detailed installation instructions for the Mazda 3, Mazda 6, Mazdaspeed 3, Mazdaspeed 6 and Mazdaspeed Protege. You can read through the instructions here.

Now, here's what's new with the WOT Box. We have completely updated our WOT Box software and created a whole new Windows program to allow you to better control the existing features AND add new features.

These new features are:
  • Rev-limiter
  • Three-step launch control
  • Shift Light (with optional cable, sold separately)
  • Nitrous Window Switch (with optional cable, sold separately)

Plus new vehicle snapshot display capabilities to help you quickly diagnose wiring problems and get your WOT Box setup fast. Here's a screen shot:

All current owners can download the software now here for FREE: NP Complete Performance

Feel free to post any questions you might have about the WOT Box or the new software in this thread or just head on over to our website at http://www.n2mb.com/wotbox to get your WOT Box today!

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
so when using a WOT box you don't take your foot off the throttle at all during shifting? That would deff take some getting used to after driving a manual for 12 years. Also does it do anything for down shifting i.e. blip the throttle?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=Youngun link=topic=139732.msg3012271#msg3012271 date=1237842412]
so when using a WOT box you don't take your foot off the throttle at all during shifting? That would deff take some getting used to after driving a manual for 12 years. Also does it do anything for down shifting i.e. blip the throttle?
[/quote]

That's correct. You leave your right floot planted the whole time. It does take some time getting used to, but you pick it up pretty quickly. That is also why we start out the WOT Box with the no-lift shift time set to "auto". That way it gives you as long as you need to complete the shift, up to 350 ms, before bringing back on the ignition. It makes it really easy to get started.

Once you get more advanced you'll want to take it to the manual mode and drop the shift time down to say, 200 ms or so. Then you will really hold a lot of boost through the shift and really improve your shift times. You can typically shave about 0.1 seconds per shift with this. So, if you shift 3 times in the 1/4, you'll gain at least 0.3 seconds.

The WOT Box doesn't do anything for down shifting. You could do a no-lift down-shift, but I can't imagine why you would want to. The real benefit is holding boost while accelerating, all the way through your shifts....

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I do autox and am getting into track so I will be doing more than just acceleration lol. Sounds like a cool device though. Maybe I'll catch up with someone who has one at Mazfest and they can take me for a spin to show me how it works.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The three-step allows you to have a different launch control RPM for staging and launching. That way you can inch to the line with a lower rev-limit and then right before launching jump to the higher limit. It is mainly for automatic transmission cars with line-locks. It can be setup to automatically jump to the higher limit when the linelock is engaged.

We are going to modify that in the next software release to help with burnouts. Basically, give you a second lower limiter that is active at a single button push to help with your burnout and then with another button push it jumps back to your launch settings.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hello Jon,

I currently have the N2MB Racing WOT Box for the mazdaspeed3 and have the following question: Is the 3 step launch control available when we download the software update?

Thanks,

·
Registered
62 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=139732.msg3016055#msg3016055 date=1237987554]
It should be soon, but we have been struggling to keep up with all the orders that have been coming in from this sale. You will get an email from Paypal shipping when it ships out with the tracking number. You should have it ~2 days after that.

Thanks for your order!
[/quote]

ok good deal. Thanks Jon, cant wait to try this thing out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hello Jon,

For the "2 Step Launch Control" I had my RPM set at 2200. Where should I set the "Alternate RPM" and the "Lockout RPM" if I continue with the 2200 setting for the Launch Control.

Thanks,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can leave the lockout at 1500 RPM. That prevents the 2-step from engaging if the engine is above that RPM when you push the clutch down before you go to WOT. So, if you are moving, the 2-step won't engage, but if you start from idle, you can do it.

The alternate RPm is for 3-step launch for an automatic with line lock. You can disable it for now. In the future we will re purpose that for heating up slicks in the waterbox.

·
Registered
136 Posts
im considering getting the wot box for my 09 speed 3. I know they changed the ecu slightly on the 09s is there any difference as far as install goes? Im sure its the same just want to verify...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts