Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock RSAs were junk. They lasted about 20,200 miles.
1st Impressions of these, seem to make less noise, are very stable and handle well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
is there a reason why you opted for the 215/45R, has opposed to the 205/50R which is the size of the oem tire? i have kumho spt's myself, but i got the 205/50R

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did the body shop/tire place that installed the tires give you any lip? I know some places will not install tires that are not the OEM size.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No trouble whatsoever. I ordered them thru tirerack.com and they called and asked if I wanted the different size about a minute after I placed the order. That was nice! I had them delivered to a Firestone by my house and I had them install the new tires, $87 after taxes.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=Steelers2884 link=topic=66795.msg1148050#msg1148050 date=1168720988]
Did the body shop/tire place that installed the tires give you any lip? I know some places will not install tires that are not the OEM size.
[/quote]

then those places are shooting themselves in the foot. a lot of people want different size tires for different reasons. as long as the tire meets the load rating for the car and isn't too big for the rim, they should not refuse to put the tire on.

215/45/17 is a good upgrade over the stock size. you get more grip, a bit better turn in, and more stability. in addition, prices are a bit cheaper as it's a more common size than 205/50/17.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Ive got the spts too. I find they are a bit soft on the sidewall, but grip very well. I had america's tire pricematch tire racks price + shipping. Very low road noise too, much less than the asx and ast's ive had.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
I think I'm about to order a set myself, my RS-A's are at 20,500 and they are dead.

I'm thinking 225/45/17, though, since the rims I'm getting are 7.5" wide (aftermarket FTW)

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
I've been OK on mine. I've pushed 'em, but yet I've babied 'em. Nonetheless, they are shitty tires, and it's just denying the inevitable.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=LG Paul link=topic=66795.msg1148632#msg1148632 date=1168750318]
Yeah, they didnt really do anything well, except land in the dumpster when they were thrown in.
[/quote]

:lol:

Recycling companies won't buy 'em off us?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
[quote author=LG Paul link=topic=66795.msg1148632#msg1148632 date=1168750318]
Yeah, they didnt really do anything well, except land in the dumpster when they were thrown in.
[/quote]

ahh that put a smile on my face. I totally agree with everyone here about crappy oem tires. eventhough mine were year 2006 toyo equipped they still sucked. They didnt provide me any traction in the rain or enough traction on dry surfaces either. The side wall was too damn soft and my tire would roll over all the time.. bye bye crappy toyos hello Goodyear's

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I dont have yoks and i havent but id like to add that i just bought Goodyear F1 GS D3 tires and they are awesome in the rain. much better than the stock tires and any other tire ive used before.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts