Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do all of you think about the Fit??? I know the Honda reliability....I owned a '86 Honda Civic which just kept on goin and goin!!!! Any of you test drove one yet? I kind of like it. Have my Mazda 3 S Touring 2006 but looking for a hatch of some kind.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The thing looks ridiculous. First of all, it looks way too tall for its size. Second, those wheels look like a joke, they're so small compared to the rest of the vehicle's proportions. The nicer looking one looks like the bodywork was an afterthought. The mileage isn't really any better than a Civic. The Honda dealer near me said they sell them fast and get pretty much sticker for them. I'd pass without a second thought.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Its like an angry Chevy Aveo, Suzuki Aerio, or a misfit V-Dub Golf. I would never get one. I see a chump in my area driving one every day... its blue. He's WAY too big for the car, so it looks ridiculous.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I test drove one before I bought my MZ3. Shorter wheelbase made it even MORE twitchy on the highway. No good for me as I do a lot of highway miles. Down on power, down on size. If you need an economical city car it would be a good choice. It wasn't a bad car, just didn't fit my needs.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
SOHC for the loss

·
Registered
802 Posts
[quote author=Ahura link=topic=65791.msg1132229#msg1132229 date=1167884559]
The car is on the market here since 2002. Honda quality, functional and roomy interior.. but I hate te look. Most people do that is why you mostly see old people in it. I drove one two years ago and I found the suspention quite hard for such a car
[/quote]
since you are in europe, how does the Fit compare to the Mazda2?

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=edrection link=topic=65791.msg1133880#msg1133880 date=1167969180]
I wouldnt drive that tal skinny turd unless it had some go with that show
[/quote]

:werd:

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
it seems to be very popular in the tuner mags for this month's issue. Looks like a tiny Mazda 5. It'll probably tip over if i turn too quickly.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
[quote author=DriverIsNuts link=topic=65791.msg1133877#msg1133877 date=1167969074]
[quote author=Ahura link=topic=65791.msg1132229#msg1132229 date=1167884559]
The car is on the market here since 2002. Honda quality, functional and roomy interior.. but I hate te look. Most people do that is why you mostly see old people in it. I drove one two years ago and I found the suspention quite hard for such a car
[/quote]
since you are in europe, how does the Fit compare to the Mazda2?
[/quote]
The Mazda2 is more a hatch with an small MPV look but without the functional interior and the trunk is smaller then most competitors. The Mazda2 really drives great (thanks to Ford; Fiesta). But the car looks boring and dated and you'll find also old people in that car. The car sells like crap

·
Registered
18 Posts
[quote author=greyzoomer link=topic=65791.msg1127489#msg1127489 date=1167602558]
What do all of you think about the Fit??? I know the Honda reliability....I owned a '86 Honda Civic which just kept on goin and goin!!!! Any of you test drove one yet? I kind of like it. Have my Mazda 3 S Touring 2006 but looking for a hatch of some kind.
[/quote]

why not just a MZ3 hatch?

I drove the fit. The gearbox feels a little better than a MZ3, but other than that its cheapo feeling. Suziki SX4 feels more solid and planted. I do like how the Fit's seats configure, but its not going to overcome the gutlessness of it. Trying to go over 75 takes patience in the Fit. That and the body color inside the headlamps is gross.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts