Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new Hawk pads installed 2 days ago...so far so good.
I remeber someone (I forgot sorry) on the fourm saying that it takes a few stops for the hawks to warm up...this is true. But once there warmed up there good!

Before I got them installed I talked with the dealership and another shop (not the dealer) to compare prices on the install.
Well the dealership wanted 175 dollars an axle for the new pads install and the other shop wanted 85 an axle. So ...I went with the 85 an axle and got the new hawks all around with a brake fluid flush.
But I think the boys at the shop forgot to adjust my E-Brake. It barley holds the car on steep driveways like mine...no big deal...I can adjust it.

But what bothers me is the old pads I got back.
I requested the old pads...and looking at the front pads...I reliaze that on side (I think the drivers side) the pads where gone...right up to the metal...(if I would have waited another month...it would have been new rotor for sure)
The car was hit on that side in the past. someone trying to parrel park in front of me..tore off my fron bumper and hit the drivers side rim...got it all repaired and the driver didn't hit it to hard. I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea what needs to be adjusted...or what could caues this amount of brake wear on one side?
I know with the hawks pads in..mazda would prob charge me to inspect/fix the issue...since the pads are not under warranty.

On one or 2 stops in the past...I noticed the the car pulling to my left...but it does not occur on a daily basis....
Any ideas?

·
Registered
570 Posts
as for the car wearing more on one side and pulling on one side sounds like you have a seized caliper or a kinked brake line that is not letting all the fluid back up after braking*shugs*.

you dont need to adjust the parking brake. they are self adjusting. just keep pulling on them a couple times in a flat surface and they will slowly get tight. if you want, you can adjust the cable. the adjuster is the square thing next to the parking brake handle. just pop that off and adjust it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts