21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
167 Posts
@chizep, glad to tell you that now we have released a new version of Android 5.1 unit GA6151 here: Eonon GA6151 | Mazda Android 5.1 Car DVD | Mazda 3 Navigation | Android 5.1 Car GPS for Mazda
It supports subwoofer output volume adjustable function & bluetooth music info display. Now it's under big Xmas sale with good discount and awesome gift provided, welcome to buy! ;)
I am very very sad, as I would have liked to have known about the bluetooth music info display, as my unit GA6151F does not have it. Now that I remember, the CD player doesn't seem to provide track/song/album info.

I am also unhappy with the general UI on the GA6151F as it is much more difficult to use, slow (sometimes even freezes), and did not come with some basic features that I have on another Eonon unit I have on my own car (I have the D5151 on my car, and I installed the GA6151F for my girlfriend).

Here are some of the issues I am still facing:
1) I've used Google Maps, Maps.Me, and Sygic navigation apps with internet tethering and offline, and the system comes to a crippling crawl where my touch, buttons, and steering wheel controls do not respond or respond very late. When both music and navigation are running together, I found the system to freeze more frequently. Something as simple as using a navigation with music should be fairly easy on the unit, but it seems I am maxing out the CPU and/or memory of the system.
2) The Bluetooth music streaming does not show the song/artist/album on the GA6151F from either iPhone or Android phones. I physically have to turn my or my GF's phone screen on to display the info of the song playing which is not something I want to be doing while driving. I talked to the support chat from Enonon website, and according to them, the GA6151 (Notice this is just missing the F in the model number), the Bluetooth is able to stream the music info. After comparing the two models, I found virtually no hardware difference between mine and the one currently selling on the Eonon website. Is there a software upgrade that I can do to help fix this issue.
3) There are no longer any settings where you can adjust different app volumes (radio, Music, bluetooth, phone calls etc...); sometimes the volume for the The only volume related sound setting is EQ and Fader/Balance. I tried to download several Volume sound Profile apps, but I cannot get it to install or work because it requires us to install a service/driver that cannot be done on this unit. (see photo of App Volume Control, where it asks for permission to use the service; I click "OK" but nothing happns). On my D5151, I have options to change the volume of
4) The default music player is NOT intuitive. I have not found a way to sort the songs by Artist, Albums, Genres, or even by Folders for the songs stored on the SD cards or USB drives. I ended up having to download Black Player and Pi Music Player from Google Play; however, none of these music apps (I've tried more than the two I mentioned) will continue/resume playing the same song after the car is turned off (for a period of time) and then turned back on. The default music player & CD/DVD app can do this; i.e. Car playing SONG1, I park and turn off the key to go inside a store. Come back out and turn my car back on and I will hear SONG1 resume where it left off.
5) Apps do not appear on the home screen - like I've mentioned before, I am installing 3rd party apps from Google Play. Sometimes the app's icon will appear on the home screen UI, and then there are some that won't appear. I have no idea why it happens to different apps.

Whatever help you can provide, I will appreciate it very much. I've been a long time Eonon user (I've bought 3), but this last one is giving me the biggest headache of them all. Thanks and hope you have a great Christmas weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi ggtm85, sorry for any inconvenience caused. But no worry we will try our best to help you with the issues which we have solution.

Actually you should also be happy in some degree as Eonon is keeping on listening to you customers' feedback and improving. :)

For the Bluetooth music info display and subwoofer volume control function, the GA6151F can’t be upgraded with these 2 features due to the firmware limits. GA6151 also has new firmware internally, hope you understand.

About the freezing or lag issue, we have a software update, I’ll send to you later by PM. About the volume control for different APP,s currently our head unit doesn’t support this, it’s designed in this way. About the other questions you mentioned on 3, 4, 5, I’ll ask our tech if there’s any advice provided and tell you next Monday. As they don’t work in the weekend. Thanks a lot for your patience!

Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!

·
Registered
34 Posts
@chizep, glad to tell you that now we have released a new version of Android 5.1 unit GA6151 here: Eonon GA6151 | Mazda Android 5.1 Car DVD | Mazda 3 Navigation | Android 5.1 Car GPS for Mazda
It supports subwoofer output volume adjustable function & bluetooth music info display. Now it's under big Xmas sale with good discount and awesome gift provided, welcome to buy! ;)
Thank you. I ended up ordering this on eBay:
Dashcam 7" Head Unit Android 5.1 Car Stereo DVD Player GPS BT DAB+ for Mazda 3 I | eBay

Can you provide me with the latest firmware version for it?
It is supposed to arrive on 12/29 and I want to make sure I can immediately load the latest firmware version on it for the best possible experience.

I apologize for not doing the group buy. Long story but I was originally looking for a unit that was already in-country.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you. I ended up ordering this on eBay:
Dashcam 7" Head Unit Android 5.1 Car Stereo DVD Player GPS BT DAB+ for Mazda 3 I | eBay

Can you provide me with the latest firmware version for it?
It is supposed to arrive on 12/29 and I want to make sure I can immediately load the latest firmware version on it for the best possible experience.

I apologize for not doing the group buy. Long story but I was originally looking for a unit that was already in-country.
Hi chizep, it doesn't matter, thanks for your purchase! Now the GA6150 you bought is already with the latest firmware, which can't be upgraded now. Enjoy your unit, and welcome to share with us your nice installation pics then, thanks!:wink2:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi guys, hope you had a nice Christmas Holiday. If you have missed the Christmas deal, don’t miss the bigger 4-day Year End Sale again which helps you save even more: :grin2:

Glad to tell you the new GA6151 Android 5.1 Mazda 3 navigation is with only 289USD price, a free camera /dash camera alternatives will be provided, and extra 25USD OFF if buying other accessories together! The last great deal of this year! You can choose on gift below: :wink2:

Welcome to buy!:smile2:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi guys, Happy New Year! Wish you had a wonderful new year full of hope and possibilities! :cheesy:

Let's welcome the 2017 with warm hug & 1st batch of gifts from Eonon! We prepare as much as 30% OFF discount & the hottest accessories of last year for you to choose - a free Camera A0119 or a Dashcam R0008. :grin2:

You can get our GA6151 Android 5.1 car gps for your Mazda 3 04-09 with great discounted price and also free gift! Check more details here:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi guys, Valentine is just around the corner, we want to like to take this chance to express our deep love for dear you! :kiss2: And also introduce our Valentine’s Day sale you’ll definitely love. Up to 28% OFF & sweet gift/coupon provided too. Just get our awesome GA6151 Android 5.1 Mazda 3 Car GPS to match with your Mazda 3 04-09 perfectly! :grin2:

Just check more details about this sale here:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi guys, Valentine is just around the corner, we want to like to take this chance to express our deep love for dear you! :kiss2: And also introduce our Valentine’s Day sale you’ll definitely love. Up to 28% OFF & sweet gift/coupon provided too. Just get our awesome GA6151 Android 5.1 Mazda 3 Car GPS to match with your Mazda 3 04-09 perfectly! :grin2:

Just check more details about this sale here:

does/will this just drop in and plug-n-play in a plain old 2007 3i sedanwith basically no power options (I.E.: no fob, no pwr windows, doors or locks) ?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
does/will this just drop in and plug-n-play in a plain old 2007 3i sedanwith basically no power options (I.E.: no fob, no pwr windows, doors or locks) ?
Hi JKat, thanks for your interest! Do you mean you have a Mazda 3 2007? If so, our GA6151 Android 5.1 unit can fit your car directly, plug and play for your car. Welcome to buy: Eonon GA6151 | Mazda Android 5.1 Car DVD | Mazda 3 Navigation | Android 5.1 Car GPS for Mazda Now a free camera provided, cheers! :grin2:

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
i have a 2006 Mazda3 Gt, It has the bose package that includes automatic volume control. Will I lose that feature if i use your head unit?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
i have a 2006 Mazda3 Gt, It has the bose package that includes automatic volume control. Will I lose that feature if i use your head unit?
Hi JavierV, our GA6151 can work with bose system without problem, but it can't support automatic volume control, hope you understand, thanks!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts