Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my name is Niki and I just bought my 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback on Thursday. I got it in Phantom Purple Mica since my last car looked so close to it. I traded in my BMW 318ti for the car (the BMW was my baby but it was too much to maintain). I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, is there anyone else here or in the area? I know I have to do some searching but just out of quick reference if anyone wouldnt mind listing some good websites to buy performance parts for the car and/or body styling. Is there anything I should know within the first few months of owning this car other then its a fun and amazing car to own? lol I am very new to mazdas, if you ask me about BMWs I could tell you in a heartbeat so this will be a learning experience for me so dont mind if I ask some stupid questions. :p

I took some pictures of the car at work with my camera phone so the pictures arent that good of quality so bare with them for now. I plan on taking some nice pictures tomorrow before work with my actual camera hopefully on or near the beach. So thanks everyone for checking my post out and I look forward to sharing and learning with you all in the future.

Mods I already have in mind for the near future (birthday wish list) ;) :

1. Tint windows (possibly in the next 2 or 3 weeks
2. Cold Air Intake
3. HIDs 6,000 or 8,000
4. Cat back exhaust
5. After warrenty is up Turbocharge it (but only after I get more educated about it)

My last car: 1995 BMW 318ti

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Welcome aboard. There are plenty of 3 owners here on the board from FL. I'm sure you'll find them soon enough! Congrats on the new car, it looks really good, and it sounds like you have some heavy plans for it in the future. Any and every question you may have on here will be answered, no doubt.

To start you off with a list of vendors, simply look at the tops and bottoms of your screen. There are banners with links to the major sponsors here on the boards. They all have good things, respectively. I've purchased all of my aftermarket mods from sponsors here on the forums.

Good luck!

·
Registered
30,738 Posts
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=70308.msg1229130#msg1229130 date=1172325278]
To start you off with a list of vendors, simply look at the tops and bottoms of your screen. There are banners with links to the major sponsors here on the boards. They all have good things, respectively. I've purchased all of my aftermarket mods from sponsors here on the forums.
[/quote]
What he said! Check out the sponsors section....there's dealership sponsors for OEM parts and after market sponsors for everything available on the 3.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Welcome Niki. I've only seen one Phantom Purple so far as I was driving past a dealer. It was pretty snazzy, but like many of the colors Mazda has it only comes alive in bright sunlight..... then it explodes! 8)

There are lots of people down in Florida on the forums. One of our sponsors, jhershorin from UED, is down there somewhere and sells turbo kits. He might be able to hook you up with the best way to do that since he's done his car and will most likely have worked out all of his bugs by the time you do yours.

Again, welcome.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I will definetly check out the vendors and sponsors. Thanks for the advice on the women's lounge also sweetface I will check that out now.

When it comes to the unique of the purple its another reason I chose it, you really dont see many of them. There were about 3 other phantom purples on the lot 1 being my hatch and the 2 others were sedan models. A cool thing that also is in my car which I dont know was planned due to the car being purple or just a freakish chance but my etching in the accents of the seats and the door panels are purple. Neat stuff! I got to take a few more pictures of the hatch:

After looking at the pictures I realize I am in desperate need of tint especially before it starts getting really hot here

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=Rdk87 link=topic=70308.msg1230666#msg1230666 date=1172387475]
Yeah and take off that russel and clearwater sticker and license plate holder and then you will be riding in style. :klavergreg:
[/quote]

Oh no worries I am in the workings of doing that, there was a line under the Russell my boyfriend managed to take off but we were too lazy at the moment to get the rest and the license plate frame will go.....now the next thing my license plate. It was a transfer from the BMW and part of the plate says BMW....kind of stupid seeing how its not so next year I wont renew the plate as a vanity plate and either go with something different or go back to normal jibberish of numbers and letters lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
[quote author=Phantom3 link=topic=70308.msg1230676#msg1230676 date=1172388088]
[quote author=Rdk87 link=topic=70308.msg1230666#msg1230666 date=1172387475]
Yeah and take off that russel and clearwater sticker and license plate holder and then you will be riding in style. :klavergreg:
[/quote]

Oh no worries I am in the workings of doing that, there was a line under the Russell my boyfriend managed to take off but we were too lazy at the moment to get the rest and the license plate frame will go.....now the next thing my license plate. It was a transfer from the BMW and part of the plate says BMW....kind of stupid seeing how its not so next year I wont renew the plate as a vanity plate and either go with something different or go back to normal jibberish of numbers and letters lol
[/quote]

Yeah there isn't a real rush.. and I shouldn't talk .. I still haven't taken off the license plate frames on my 3 .. and I've had it for over half a year now ha.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Would you mind taking some pics of the interior? The purple accents that you are talking about sound pretty neat. Usually in the past years, its either been red or blue accents, depending on what color car you have. I have a titanium gray hatch, and have black and red inserts on mine. Yours sounds more color coordinated. Its something that Mazda should try to match with each vehicle's respective color. I would love to have black and gray accents rather than red, but I still think my interior looks pretty damn sexxay the way it is now.

Oh, and just something I picked up on your pictures.... when you shoot, try to shoot with the shadow away from you. When the shadow is on the same side that you are shooting from, it really darkens the picture, and we can't see the true beauty of your car!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts