Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got my new Mazda 3s Touring Hatch, 5MT, 6 CD / moonroof pkg, and auto-dimming compass mirror.

"Wait!," you may say, didn't this guy just get a GG Hatch last month? Why yes, yes I did. But I got really bad gas mileage that they couldn't figure out, so I ditched the leather and got cloth and most importantly, ditched the 5AT and went back to a manual.

My 'old' 3, if you can call it that, was manufactured in 06/06 and purchased 12/06. I believe the car was used as a demo at the dealership it was transfered from (352 miles when I got it). Also, June 06 was pretty early in the year and they did just do some refreshening of the 3 for '07, so maybe there were a few slight bugs that needed worked out. My new 3 was built 11/06 and purchased today. It seems to feel just a little bit better screwed down than the previous one, maybe it's just me, but it feels that way.

Boy, I could have saved myself some cash if I had test driven the manual 3 when I was shopping the first time. Nothing at all like the 5MT in the Cavalier I got rid of. Driving manual in the Cavi was fun most of the time, but got tedious. With the 3's excellent shifter, it feels so much more enjoyable to have the control.

The other people who would have occasionally needed to use my car are SOL if they can't learn manual, I don't think I'll ever buy another car with a conventional automatic. Manual transmissions are so enjoyable if they are well designed and work flawlessly.

For some reason, my insurance increased by $70 for six months, I have no idea why it would on a the same car.

As soon as weather permits, I'll get some pics.

So lesson learned for me, go MT!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Must be an 07. Galaxy Gray is a new color.

·
Registered
782 Posts
And he said it's build date is 11/06, which means 07 model.

Welcome (back) to the club! We really should get a Galaxy Gray thread going...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed, Galaxy Gray is a beautiful color. There should be a GG thread, I agree!

Both of my 3's were 2007 Galaxy Gray hatches.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
But... but.. I have titanium? Actually I wanted a dark grey m3 hatch originally, but 06 wasn't possible.. crap :D And yeah, 5 speeds rock :) Manuals, that is!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The GG 5MT Hatch is the superior 3... 8)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
MMmmmmm that I beg to differ on. While it is a great color, Carbon Gray I have to say is a lot better. I'm warming up to Black Mica as well.... (I had better, my speed3 is black)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I always thought it had a gold shine to it. Cool lookin for sure.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It almost looks like burnished bronze when the sun hits it in certain ways. I was choosing between White Pearl or Galaxy Gray, and since my previous car was white I decided to go with the GG.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Not bad. I've owned white and gray before myself, and went with black this run. Means I finally got the black car I always wanted. Too bad i'm moving to Texas where a black car is the WORST IDEA EVER.....

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
hmm maybe i have a diff grey... cuz mine is like purplish, a manly purple not homosexual purple lol. but wat part of texas??

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
[quote author=Corbs link=topic=67591.msg1169289#msg1169289 date=1169767761]
hmm maybe i have a diff grey... cuz mine is like purplish, a manly purple not homosexual purple lol. but wat part of texas??
[/quote]

Plano, just outside DFW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts