Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I did a little experiment to test the microphones:

1. Internal microphone alone - Sensitivity is weak from a normal driving position. Sound quality improves greatly when speaking 2-3 inches away from the microphone.
  2. External microphone attached - Sensitivity is still weak from a normal driving position. I mounted the mic on the steering wheel in front of the dash gauges. Sound quality does not improve when speaking directly (2-3 inches away) in to the microphone. However, if I lean over and speak in to the internal mic, sound quality improves greatly. I am not sure if this external mic is working at all.
  3. 3rd part external mic attached - I substituted the external mic from Eonon with a Parrot Bluetooth mic I happened to have. Sensitivity is still weak from a normal driving position. However, when I speak directly in to the Parrot mic, sound quality improves greatly.
So, I think there definitely needs to be some adjustment made in the software to increase the microphone sensitivity and increase the volume. At the same time, I am not too sure about the quality of the external mic included with the radio.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So I did a little experiment to test the microphones:

1. Internal microphone alone - Sensitivity is weak from a normal driving position. Sound quality improves greatly when speaking 2-3 inches away from the microphone.
  2. External microphone attached - Sensitivity is still weak from a normal driving position. I mounted the mic on the steering wheel in front of the dash gauges. Sound quality does not improve when speaking directly (2-3 inches away) in to the microphone. However, if I lean over and speak in to the internal mic, sound quality improves greatly. I am not sure if this external mic is working at all.
  3. 3rd part external mic attached - I substituted the external mic from Eonon with a Parrot Bluetooth mic I happened to have. Sensitivity is still weak from a normal driving position. However, when I speak directly in to the Parrot mic, sound quality improves greatly.
So, I think there definitely needs to be some adjustment made in the software to increase the microphone sensitivity and increase the volume. At the same time, I am not too sure about the quality of the external mic included with the radio.
Hi lekmedm, we will PM you the software upgrade and help resolve the problem on your head unit. Please find and check it later, thanks! :smile2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a quick update... It seems that the latest update sent to me has improved the microphone sensitivity. At least it passed the wife test: she could hear me clearly and wasn't complaining like she did after the initial install of the unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just a quick update... It seems that the latest update sent to me has improved the microphone sensitivity. At least it passed the wife test: she could hear me clearly and wasn't complaining like she did after the initial install of the unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hi lekmedm, glad to hear that the solution helped. :cheers: If you have any questions on our products, please feel free to contact with us.*Thanks! :smile2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi lekmedm, glad to hear that the solution helped. :cheers: If you have any questions on our products, please feel free to contact with us.*Thanks! :smile2:
Well, I'm still waiting for some help with the steering wheel controls that stopped working with the first software flash. I've been in contact via email requesting help.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well, I'm still waiting for some help with the steering wheel controls that stopped working with the first software flash. I've been in contact via email requesting help.
Hi lekmedm, yes we received your email and now we are discussing about your case with our technicians. We will reply to you ASAP. Please check with your email then, thanks! :smile:

41 - 47 of 47 Posts